G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you recieve a email from [email protected] with the subject line
{Filename?} Important Notification
Do not open Its a bug

Below is the message

Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed (important-deta.scr, important-details.zip). Please read the "netmotivated-Attachment-Warning.txt" attachment(s) for more information.

Dear user gordon,

It has come to our attention that your Skylineowners User Profile ( x ) records are out of date. For further details see the attached document.

Thank you for using Skylineowners!
The Skylineowners Support Team

·
Registered
175 Posts
Also watch out for the same mail from any other forums your a member of as it gathers the details from many different forum software types and not just the version that powers this site.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:bounce: i'll get the mail in about a week then thats how long it takes for me to get replies with "instant notification" :crazy:

·
DoriDave on DW
2,372 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :aka47:

·
Shuffle up and deal
2,719 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Probably also an idea for evyone to check their anti-virus software and make sure the patterns are up-to-date.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
138 Posts
For info, there have been a few virus in the last year that take this format and if this latest one is following the same pattern it is unlikely that anyone will receive an email from webmaster @ skylineowners.

This type of virus usually sets the sender address to [email protected] for the same domain as the recipient address (ie. if it was sending to [email protected] it would have the from address [email protected]). This tactic has been used by some of the recent Mytob virus variants
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

However, it doesn't hurt to be vigilant and to keep your anti-virus up to date. :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ahhh that must be why i got it then as i have a @skylineowners email address

1 - 20 of 25 Posts