Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one raced the Audi v6 3.2 quattro??

I had a little tussle with one earlier and only just pulled away around 120.... (all on a race track...)

Either there is something wrong with my car or they are quite nippy??

Any ideas guys i have full exhaust mods, plugs, Gtr fuel pump and apexi filter???

Why do i always drive away from a race needing MORE power!!!:swear:

J

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Was this an audi tt you are on about, they are nippy. I'm sure they are about 300 bhp. Time to get spending:D :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
It's not all about power. When I'm driving my 140bhp Golf I can stick to the back end of my mates M3 on the back lanes. On dual carriageways I can get through roundabouts so much faster than him that he has trouble catching me before the next one. In a 1 mile straight line race he'll piss all over me.

IMO It's more about the standard of the two drivers involved, than the car's they're driving. Even at a drag strip or racetrack.

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Those Audi's are quick! Its because they dont weight that much with loads of power and Aluminium panels, like in the RS4. sweet motor!

Have just been challenged to a race, my mate lives in Edinburgh is coming down at Christmas, has just told me has an Evo and said we should do the 'Evo V Skyline race. Gulp!

·
Registered
923 Posts
It should have been close m8 for a GTST......

v6 quatro putting out about 250 BHP

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/data.aspx?model=61

& the audi's power to weight is probably better if it's the A3 shape (about same if it's A4/6...) but it's non-turbo power IRC on the audi so your turbo should give more "aggressive" power profile....

Then there is the FWD vs RWD thing ....

It's all down to the driver with the least amount of fear :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool so about even then.....

That means my skyline my have just ova 250bhp....... assuming the a3 was going for it.......

I would have expected more considering the mods i have!

Ohhh well more money to be spent........ :swear:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Cool so about even then.....

That means my skyline my have just ova 250bhp....... assuming the a3 was going for it.......

I would have expected more considering the mods i have!

Ohhh well more money to be spent........ :swear:
Depends on your mods m8.....also the closer the power match the more it comes down to driver skill. :)

go on 'tis only money after all :D (note to self, must fit radar detector)

DS

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
The other thing is if it has that new seamless gearbox shift which pre selects the gears in advance it puts the power down really quickly through the gears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts