Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NBOOST
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seams more and more people having trouble buying from other forum members.

So how about having to be authorized to sell stuff.
think it should be pretty easy to set up for someone with a little knowledge.

The seller must have a VARIFIED paypal account. He/she then buys authorisation from the online shop for a small fee and pays e.g. [email protected] (which is run by the admin). You guys then have a confirmed name and address for that person and send them an activation email which upgrades our user accounts on here to enable us to sell things.

Just a little brain wave i had but I think it could help keep a few of the scammers away.

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
Problem is its also members who have been here for a while who are ripping users off.

I always use paypal but even then you dont guarentee getting your money back and the Fee's with paypal are robbery.

Good idea though

·
NBOOST
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
start from fresh then make even the long standing members sign up. I'm not sayin all the transactions have to be made through paypal, just the payment to skylineowners.com so that they get our Varified details. The payment could probably be as little as 1p, I don't know if theres a minimum amount that you can send via paypal.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Problem is its also members who have been here for a while who are ripping users off.

I always use paypal but even then you dont guarentee getting your money back and the Fee's with paypal are robbery.
I'm still waiting for paypal to recover full losses for an undelivered item i got off an other user on here.

Even with a verified system people will abuse it.

Perhaps we should have a closed name and shamed section. Where only admin can put up details (once the facts are put forward by both parties to admin behind the scenes).

I dont think limiting who can sell is a good idea. Partly why i love this site is because of all the parts i can buy and sell. If the sellers are limited, the part prices will rise.

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
its not quite that easy guys, for one could you imagine how much work would be involved for us, trust me im flat out enough, plus all admin/mods/reps do this for free, so to try and arrange for is to take this on is a tall order, ive just reinstated the 100 post rule back, we have tried a "one month" recognition to the forum without pm's but some have abused the idea and tried to rip members off, so now they need 100 posts which will give us more time/opportunity to know the newbie.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts