Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SIX IS ALWAYS BETTER THEN FOUR!!!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys... How are you all?

Good I hope?

Here we go... I have a 1998 R34 GT 2.0 and I think I am having some issues with my box.

First off, it cannot decide which gear it needs to be in. Now I think this is just me being daft as I am used to more powerful cars with more torque and because of that they tend to stay in gear longer.

Second of all, when coming down the gears the box will sometime thud when in goes in to (what I think is) third. Its not a bang or a metal sounding noise... More like a thud and the car wil ever so slightly jerk in a forward motion (did I mention that it is ever so slightly).

Third off... What are the Tip boxes like and are they expensive to get a hold of? Are they a bolt on jobbie or is there loads of stuff you have to change?

Thanks for any help in advance... Kelvin

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi Kelvin,

Nice to see a local R34 owner we'll have to meet up and compare cars an bits! haha

My daily r34 has a tiptron box, which is pretty good, although I have a speed sensor fault which means it sometimes gets stuck in 3rd, has the gearbox oil in your car been done anytime recently? if not could be causing it being clunky if its low etc. Or speed sensor as it does sit right near box and get hit by heat.

Where in Hertfordshire are you? Im in Bishops Stortford

·
Registered
106 Posts
tip box

hi i have a r34 gtt tip and will be converting it to manual in the next couple of weeks so if you need any thing call me on 07876212577 or drop me a line regards steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts