Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The auto box on my r32 gtst has an intermitent problem ( usually if i give it a good thrashing) for some reason it wont change up to 3rd or into o/d???
1st and second changes sweet as a nut but wont change up from second and it will just scream to the redline ?? Its not slipping just wont change up??
I done the fault code thingy and all it does is constantly flash and nothing else ? Any ideas folks??

Cheers...:confused:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I'd check your fluid level and quality? Best stuff around is Fuchs Titan 4000 probably worth changing anyway. If that doesn't help then I'd fear the worst.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
box has only done 8k since total rebuild with shift kit and big cooler,
Fluid is as red as when i put it in, and correct level.
I'm presuming its something electrical??

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
box has only done 8k since total rebuild with shift kit and big cooler,
Fluid is as red as when i put it in, and correct level.
I'm presuming its something electrical??
it is an elec fault what it is doing is under heavy load it gose into nuetral but under light load its fine (mine did this but second to third only) the same thing happens when you spin the wheels to the red line it wont change gear unless you let off the gas, (in built safty function on auto ecu to protect it i asume) so chances are it a sensor or solinoid not functioning

best thing to do is get it on a data scan (nissan) and should give a fault code

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that sounds about right its doing exactly what you've said ..Under load!! as its only doing it when i wind up the boost, if i run it at standard boost its fine.. Although i used it all day today and give it some stick and it was fine!! Like i said intermittent..If it keeps playing up i'll lock it in the garage and use me R1 instead ..lol..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts