all help and advice
would be most
appreciated....
especially if you
have done it yourself. :D

·
South East Area Rep
337 Posts
On the parts side....front half of manual prop at least, g/box+subframe+bolts, clutch+flywheel+(spigot bearing), clutch pedal+master/slave cylinder's+pipework, brake pedal (unless you cut it down?), manual g/box loom (could cheat and use the auto one, but iirc you still need a few plugs off it, unless you chop and join?), clocks, gearstick+surround.

You can use the auto's.... starter motor, ecu, clocks + the speed sensor loom to the clocks (this fits auto+man), back half of prop if you keep the auto diff, otherwise you need the complete man prop for man diff.

And a bit of time and patience :D

I'll be honest mate i did'nt cut any big corners, and swapped out everything i could inc the ecu etc, and between two of us it was running and rolling in a day.
It's your choice as to taking the engine or the drivers side dash out though, just to drill a hole through the bulkhead for the clutch pedal..... I'd choose the dash :D
Good luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the parts side....front half of manual prop at least, g/box+subframe+bolts, clutch+flywheel+(spigot bearing), clutch pedal+master/slave cylinder's+pipework, brake pedal (unless you cut it down?), manual g/box loom (could cheat and use the auto one, but iirc you still need a few plugs off it, unless you chop and join?), clocks, gearstick+surround.

You can use the auto's.... starter motor, ecu, clocks + the speed sensor loom to the clocks (this fits auto+man), back half of prop if you keep the auto diff, otherwise you need the complete man prop for man diff.

And a bit of time and patience :D

I'll be honest mate i did'nt cut any big corners, and swapped out everything i could inc the ecu etc, and between two of us it was running and rolling in a day.
It's your choice as to taking the engine or the drivers side dash out though, just to drill a hole through the bulkhead for the clutch pedal..... I'd choose the dash :D
Good luck.

thanks for your advice, all is going great so far.....
except the spigot bush,
im struggling to get it off :(
.... any hints or tips on that?? :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why would u want a manual box? with all the traffic nwdayz
stick auto plus u got gears 1 an 2 for traffic light races?
its my 1st ever auto car iv had her for 2 years now so iv enjoyed it as iv only had 1 prob in that time...the only things i dont like about them is that they have a mind of their own i.e going up hills it never likes staying in one gear...kickdown sometimes not as good as other times u floor it....the extra rev noise ...if ur in drive and end up sideways as u do :) u get the tank slapper when it goes up a gear...yes i no thats wot the 2nd gear is for but thats when u expect the slide.

i want 2 be incontrol

i mite hate the manual box but theres only 1 way 2 find out

i could always put it back 2 an auto :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got the spigot bush out now its so easy when u have the right tools for the job :)

all i need now is 6 bolts that hold the flywheel to the crank shaft as the auto 1s are 2 short....no 1 has them even nissan cant get them till the 24th of this month :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts