Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Caravan man
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken on this mamoth task and how much will it cost all in as im fed up with losing what power i have through the gearbox... would it just be easier to buy a det engine and gearbox and do it all at once...

·
New Zealand Area Rep
797 Posts
Takes about a weekend to do actually, easiest thing to do on an RB motor if you know what you're doing. Skylinesaustralia has good threads about it

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
falsk did his,but i haven't seem him on for a while ,theres a bearing in the crank and some electrics to wire i'm sure he did a write up on it

·
Caravan man
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also i had a quote of £525 for a conversion kit and box and £400 to drive in and drive out fitted !!!!! or do you think it would cost a lot less to do it myself ????? have a bit of mechanical knoledge but wiring is my nemisis !!!!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
you will need all the stuff from the four door as the gearbox mount and prop is different to the 2 door

·
Auto Rocket
70 Posts
When I had an R33 GTS25t I converted from auto to manual, no that hard of a job. Ive forgotten everything you need but here is a pic of the kit I had to give you and idea.

Also auto diff will work but try find a turbo lsd one if you can (more fun ;)), factory ecu will work too.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
me personally id keep the n/a engine and do the manual conversion. i ldo ove my auto stagea but the manual gts4 is sooooooo much more fun!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts