Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i serched this place for about an hr looking for a thread like this, im sure theres already one being made but i cant find it.
I want to make my project skyline with a RB25 in to a manual, i know i culd of just brougt one but then it wuld be less of a project and i wud learn a whole lot less.
ive tryed looking all of the net for a site that wil hlp me with things like a parts list or detailed instructions ect. Dose any1 know of a site like this?

·
Registered
165 Posts
just done one myself for a toyota supra,
manual gearbox
flywheel & bolts
spigot bearing
clutch and release bearing
clutch pedal and cable as well obviously
engine loom from a manual would make it easier as a straight swap
i would have thought you need to get an ecu remapped for the manual gearbox to.

as i said have not done it for skyline but i guess its nearly the same.
might be worth doing water pump and all belts while the engine is out

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
The auto and manual ecu's arent compatible afaik, i think you would need to change your instrument display too as the gear indicator for the auto is on the clocks, isn't it? I was going to say i have a manual flywheel for sale, but looking at where you are from, ahhh maybe not!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the display for the gears is just on the dash nothing that wont be changed at a later on when i do the interior, as for the flywheel and ecu, thanks heaps for the offers but yer im too far away and easier and cheaper just to buy ova here. And yer i think i will talk to a transmission spec, if i can find a nice guy im sure he will be able to give me a few tips and things to watch out for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts