Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently installing an RB25DET in my 200sx.
The engine is from an auto so what parts will i be needing for the conversion?

Obviously the manual box, new clutch and flywheel. Heard that you need specific manual flywheel bolts??

Anything else?

Cheers!:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm currently installing an RB25DET in my 200sx.
The engine is from an auto so what parts will i be needing for the conversion?

Obviously the manual box, new clutch and flywheel. Heard that you need specific manual flywheel bolts??

Anything else?

Cheers!:)
Hi there

Im doing the auto 2 manual conversion right now on my skyline r33gtst, this is what i needed and done, im not finished yet due 2 no info on some of the parts needed and the damm rain!! :(

Gearbox+ bolts

Gearbox crossmember....there r 3 types u need the manual i think... my new gearbox came with 1 fitted so i would say its a manual 1

Manual Propshaft..the front half as the auto 1 will not fit the manual box (thats Fact) u can change the hole lot but that means ul need the manual diff +?parts? im not sure on that 1

Clutch..2nd hand or brand new your choise

Flywheel..2nd hand or brand new your choise + manual bolts

Spigot bush..nightmare 2 get out without the right tools !!! use a bearing puller the sliding hammer type

Pedal box...wrong!!! clutch pedal yes..i found it easy 2 install u need 2 cut a hole in the bulkhead u should have a indent where it goes, the hole is for the clutch master cylinder

Brake pedal...optional...i found this 1 very hard 2 fit, i would just cut the autos 1 to shape as its only the pad thats different

Clutch master cylinder (+all pipework) or just fit a single brake pipe from master 2 slave im told this makes it easier for bleedind the clutch ??

Clutch slave cylinder ( and dampner)

Wiring loom from manual gearbox to connect speedo sender, reverse switch, neutral switch.

Gearstick

Gearstick surround

Gearknob

Cup holder (optional to remove power/snow button)

Spedo clocks(optional to remove pndr12 thingy)

i can tell u for fact u will need the manual flywheel 2 crankshaft bolts as the auto 1s are shorter...

spigot bush...i was told 2 smash the old auto 1 to bits but that was 2 risky, i used a bearing puller with sliding hammer... it took me 30seconds 2 get it out

some of the gearbox bolts are shoter 2....i went 2 a bolt and nut place and got the 1s i needed... its alot cheaper than going 2 nissan :)

im onto the wiring now...there seem 2 be less plugs on the manual loom than the auto 1s and alot of the ends the same i.e female 2 female no male plugs so im not sure whats up with that yet.

i hope this helps u out a bit more with the parts info :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great stuff! Thanks!
Well, i need a prop anyway and a gearbox + flywheel bolts. Already have clutch already and flywheel on the way.

Will have to play it by ear with the wiring!

Dont think i'll need the gearbox cross member. Have to check on that

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys

dunno if this will help you but i just converted my r33 non turbo auto to a manual. i can say forsure the the prop would need to be changed, altho i did just get mine machined worked just as well and cost about the same(do this after you fitted the clutch so you can cut it center). as mentioned in dave888's post the break pedel was a pain so i just cut it in half, you may also want to disconnect the cable that runs from the pedel to the old auto gear leaver (for safty reasons), i also beleive the ECU's are diffrent in the manual compared to the auto, i did change mine but thats because i put a rb26dett in at the same time i turned it into a manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts