Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Well i'll be jiggered!
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Anyone know of the above kit and if they are any good?
Seen one on pee-bay and just wondered?
Any help would be useful, i'm after an intercooler, down pipe / de-cat / boost upgrade to make about 330 BHP.
I've got a stainless exhaust and apexi intake, am i on the right track?

Cheers for now all.
Dean

:guiness: :yum:

·
4,143 Posts
sorry mate never seen one.
if i was you i would look at japspeed and fit a gtr style intercooler or if you are going to stick to 330bhp a r34 gtt wing mounted intercooler to keep it driving nice

·
4,143 Posts
i would do a search and make your mind up which way you want to go but i was dissapointed when i put a fmic on and its not the only way to get 330bhp

·
Well i'll be jiggered!
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help :) #
I'm very new to this and the experiance of other owners is great, in fact this whole site is great :cheers:
What set up are you running?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Along with the mods you've said your gonna need a boost controller to get it up to 0.80bar.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
From my personal experience i wouldnt go near one of them after the experience i had with my pulsar and my 2 mates had with there MR2's.

I'd now only ever recommend a Greddy profec B along with all the tuners.

As for the R34 GTT wing mount ic personally i believe you get better results with a front mount.

Jonnybabe with his R34 GTT with a full exhaust, induction kit, Greddy profec B set to 0.80bar, using the R34 GTT wing mount ic mapped on a power fc only made 308bhp most with front mounts make @least 320bhp.

·
Well i'll be jiggered!
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, so i need a Greddy profec B and a Japspeed GTR style intercooler.
What about a down pipe / de-cat, i see the XS power one look's pretty good, is it and will it fit in with the rest of my proposed mod's? :)
BTW Thank's all for the great info, please keep it coming, your saving me wasting my money on kit that's not quite right for my need's.

:guiness: :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Down pipe and decat you wont go wrong with japspeed.

·
Well i'll be jiggered!
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got my name down for a Japspeed GTR front mount now :)

If i buy an Apexi Power FC will i still need the Profec B boost controller?
The power FC does boost levels too so will this cover what i need?
Cheers all, your a great help.

:cheers: :guiness: :40oz:

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
powerfc hasn't got a booost controller, there is a seperate boost controller device you have to buy alongside it then the boost controller works off the hand controller device you get with it
Not sure how good these are though, i've never looked into it.

PowerFC 's are still very hard to come by though ;) I've seen them filtering through slowly so just wait until one turn's up rather than buying some other sh** :D

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
As has been said the power fc isn't itself a boost controller, you can buy a seperate apex-i power fc boost controller to work with it but they dont come very highly recommended at all.

I' stick with getting the Greddy profec B.

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
I' stick with getting the Greddy profec B.
i'd recommend my electonic boost too but i don't want to fry the poor guys brain with tuning overload, been there done that got the headache's ... and i didn't learn a thing :rofl:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts