Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After realising my r33 gtr is an awesome car, thanks snow for changing my mind, ive decided not to sell as it took a bit of a kick up the ass for me to really take the car through its paces. ive had the car off road for a while but once the snow kicked in i drove it with more confidence than i have ever driven anything, and my god it really showed me this is one super special car. so now with this added confidence i am keeping the car, but want to make it a lot quicker. bought a profec b boost controller, alrerady a decat and hks hyper muffler exhaust installed, need someone to fit the boost controller now but i really want some good power to pull the car into its own. already have a performance clutch ready to fit but need some more advice on the power front. any advice? cheers

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
you can get nearly 400 bhp just by upping the boost and improving the intake and exhaust mate :) well that was on a 34gtr v-spec II

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Yeah, all you can do now without more of the major mods is up the boost a bit. You could get your turbo's worked on and get steel internals and crank it up more, the remaps would get you more power and make the car run better / last longer. We didn't get a figure of what you wanted to do but there is a good bit of information in the tuning forum for the cars and the different levels of power you can achieve. Just go check that out, it has the mods for each power level.

·
Registered Insane
997 Posts
1/ Change your mind again and sell it, save an absolute fortune.
2/ Keep it and don't up rate it, save a small fortune.
or
3/ Sell the boost controller, remove the restricter in the standard solenoid pipe to run 1bar, offset the cost.

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
3/ Sell the boost controller, remove the restricter in the standard solenoid pipe to run 1bar, offset the cost.
aaa so do all gtrs have the restictor?? as my mate pulled his out and drilled a hole bigger and runs 1.2 bar on it :D

·
Registered Insane
997 Posts
Yeah they do Steve, it's the pipe with the yellow band around it, I personally wouldn't run any more than 1bar on standard ceramic tubs thou.

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
meh 2 years so far and alls well lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok cheers for the info. 400bhp is my target, give or take a few horses. would like to sort the cars appearance out as well ie' new alloys, mine are awful. but the power is the main thing for me. i just want to try and get the most power out without changing the turbos, unless there not that expensive. i was thinking about getting a stand alone ecu but not sure how beneficial it would be unless i'm constantly remapping the car. have to see how much all this will cost first i think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts