Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a blow off valve essential on a r32 gts ? i read somwhere it can damage the turbo really badly . my car has one but i prefer the sound of a turbo car without the bov.

Car has hks fmic , hks exhaust and apexi air filter running stock boost .

thanks jonny .

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Do you mean it will damage the tub without a bov or recirc??? Because it will as the air will be pushed back through your turbo causing it to shock spin the other way.. Which eventually will break your tubby blades...

So does it have an aftermarket, standard recirc?!??!? If aftermarket, id put the standard recirc back on.. :)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Its a chance you take, it will cause damage and put the turbo under strain but this is all down to the boost your running i.e the more boost, the bigger the strain on the turbo.

·
4,143 Posts
it think it will be fine.lots of people run without a bov on other cars and have no problems.the only thing is don't do it on a ball bearing type turbo otherwise it could damage it

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
The reason lots of others run without a BOV is because most dont run ceramic turbo's like the skyline.

I know a few of the pulsar and 200sx boys dont but the T28 they run std has steel internals and can do 1.4bar in std trim.

·
Registered
257 Posts
CA18DET never came with atmospheric or recirc from factory.......

On the RB I have blocked the recirc valve in the past and I found the drive much smoother with the recirc fitted and working correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts