Skyline Owners Forum banner

what to go for?

• R32

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • mitsi EVO 4

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • legacy B4

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • relax for a while and get some thing to get by?

Votes: 6 28.6%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right bit of news, sold the skyline, worst thing i ever done, but its to buy a house so hopefully ill have my own place after xmas and itll all be worth it. but now im stuck on what to buy car wise.

how would you compare an r32 gtst to a 33 gtst?
more or less the same tuning wise yeah? and standard for standard more or less the same too? (power to weight ratio like) been lookin at them along with a few other motors and dont know what to do, still tryin to justify selling my 33 which as some here will tell ya was a beast, nothing compared to a few motors here though.

i know im goin to get a biased answer here but what would you go for.... keep in mind i will have another skyline at some stage either way.

·
R33 GTST Owner.
244 Posts
when i was looking for a skyline i was religiously told not to bother with the r32 gtst and just go for the 33..

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
when i was looking for a skyline i was religiously told not to bother with the r32 gtst and just go for the 33..
By who and for what reason? Each to there own and all that but i much prefer the 32 to the 33.

The 33 is a bigger, heavier car. Not by a mile but it evens things out a bit in terms of performance in standard form. The extra grunt of the RB25 does make it slightly quicker but having played against my mates there isn't a whole lot in it.

As far as tuneability goes, basic mods will be the same and increase performance relative to the base power outputs of each model however if you want to tune to big power it is much easier with the RB25.

Another plus is that you can pick up standard 32's for peanuts these days. If you wanted a really blingy one have a look at some of the cars being shipped in through Driftworks :drool: :drool:

Another factor to consider is that if i see 10 GTST's, at least 8 of them will be 33's. Nuff said! :D

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
You sensible eejit!! Beg steal borrow just do what you have to to get another skyline buck!! If you're awful stuck get a clapped out old van or something else that will sicken you every time you look at it in the driveway to inspire you to keep working for another skyline!!

Best of luck with your new house.

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
hi **** good to hear from ya mate, i asked alan last night what had happened to ya.....get a 32 mate as darth said there isnt much in it performance wise, im looking for one too mate.......:bigthumb:

·
Registered
351 Posts
what you do is your choice of course, although its not a Skyline R32 or 33, id go for a cheap little 200sx S13 as a run around, when you have enough cash saved, try p/x or selling the 200 for the Skyline you want
why a 200? probably cheaper insurance than an R32, still a r/w/d so can still have fun in it, and smaller engine - i think, dont know much about R32's to be fair.

best of luck whatever you end up getting

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi **** good to hear from ya mate, i asked alan last night what had happened to ya.....get a 32 mate as darth said there isnt much in it performance wise, im looking for one too mate.......:bigthumb:
yeah he said, so i decided to jump back for a bit to say hi and let peoples know why or whered id gone, can get a 32 cheap enough here now these days but the poxy government are bringin in a load of **** laws next year to try end the high power cars on the roads here so itll be a hard decision to make yet again.

yeah 33 is my fave too but if a 32 is the closest i can afford then so be it. tbh i couldnt really justify selling the 33 i had to just buy a standard one again, for that id deserve a good kickin.

thanks for the comments people ill let ya know what i decide when i pick what to go for.

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what you do is your choice of course, although its not a Skyline R32 or 33, id go for a cheap little 200sx S13 as a run around, when you have enough cash saved, try p/x or selling the 200 for the Skyline you want
why a 200? probably cheaper insurance than an R32, still a r/w/d so can still have fun in it, and smaller engine - i think, dont know much about R32's to be fair.

best of luck whatever you end up getting

as for the insurance thing thats not really an issue there pretty much the same bracket over here in the green isle but i do like the idea of an s14a tbh

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
if it was me i would just get some old banger to get around in for a while so you can get a bit more cash together and buy a nice skyline later on

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
main difference in engine terms is lack of torque with the rb20det, more noticeable when you go for a bigger turbo. do a 4th gear pull on the motorway for example, and the 33 will gaining lengths in little time.

on the quarter mile there is approx 1 sec difference.

however, if you do get a 32, and eventually want more power, you could do what alot of people do and drop a rb25 in. torque problem solved :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts