Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya all, it's something I've not really paid that much attention to before but when my back end decides play silly buggers then it always goes to the right.

I 1st thought that it was because I was pulling out to overtake but I've recently been practicing my launches (ready for the GT4 day) and everytime the back end slides to the right.

I've even tried turning the wheel right before a launch to get the back end to go left but it stay's central instead of going left.

The car drives well on the roads with no pulling etc (but the back end does come out if I do something silly) and felt fine on the track so why does it always pull to the right on launches/overtaking etc.

Cheers........................................................IanH

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Jezz, gyroscopic torque reaction eh Jock !!! Why we dont fall off motorbikes when cornering, why helicopters need a tail rotor and aeroplanes with propellors need wings to stop the fuselage going round instead of the prop and now why skylines step out to the right. You may well be onto something there mate.

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Mine always goes to the left. Always. I wondered if it was either the camber of the road or my weight being right of centre. Skyline are wierd :)

·
Opinionated *unt
1,593 Posts
Well, mine goes straight ahead but it's not a Skyline. I also have a Torsen LSD which is regarded as maybe a little bit better than other diff types. So I'm pointing the finger at the diff.

Unless of course your tyre pressures are bad and/or tread is uneven.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Mine always goes to the left. On fast gear changes it chirps the tyres quite alot before the 4wd kicks in and is quite scary the amount it goes over to the left at 40mph and higher. This also applies on launches and when traction is lost in general although try as I might I cannot spin the wheels on launches. Just kinda bogs down and takes off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts