Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look Guys
I Jus Wanted To Know Is It Normal For My R33 Gtst To Backfire Between First And Second When Giving It Some Heavy Right Foot.its Running Fairly Standard Apart From A Japspeed Turbo Elbow,downpipe,decat And Hks Cat Back System. Its Not Down On Power And Runs Fine Otherwise. Any Ideas

·
Registered
812 Posts
my r33 gtr pops and splutters and spits flames when booting it,
had problems with major backfires/missing changed the plugs and it reduced it but still spits fire

check out my utube link below to see my flames so kinda hope its normal

but as i say to all when i give advice , i dont know much nor do i pretned to im no machanic just a flash ****a with a gtr lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Mates Gtr Does That Too But I Thought It Was Because Of The Work Done To It. How Would I Check If It Was Overfuelling My Back Bumper Is Sooty Around The Exhaust

·
Registered
812 Posts
mines sooty as well , and on start up its spitting loads of black shite on me drive been told its possibly to do with a turbo seal, and to much oil in the mixture, also been told the best way to check this is the plugs if there all dirtied up, but once again dont know if this helps u dude as im only going on wot wannbe machanics have said, sure some one will be better at answering this than me as i really am just a dohnut

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everybit Helps Mate Cheers I Only Have This Skyline A While Jus Trying To Find Out As Much About Them As Possible

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
my gtst shoots blue flames between gear shifts and big yellow feckers when am kickin the arse oot it lol. Been told both are healthy within moderation no idea how true it is but i wouldn't be overly worried but just goin on purely wat i've been told by folk in the know also like poohpants am not a mechanic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts