Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1995 GTS T misfires very badley at aprox 4500 RPM in all gears
If you keep the gas on then the car drives through the mis-fire.

Any ideas out there, to what the problem is, I have been told I may have a faulty de-limiter !!!!!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Classic plug gaps mate,

Get some decent iridium plugs with a 0.8mm plug gap

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
My platinums had a 0.8mm gap and it missfired around 6000 on full boost. Have replaced with iridiums with a 1.1mm gap and no missfire at all now.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
i had the same prob and changed the plugs to some Greddy's which got rid of the prob until i tried rising the boost and then the coil packs started to die!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
R32GTR said:
My platinums had a 0.8mm gap and it missfired around 6000 on full boost. Have replaced with iridiums with a 1.1mm gap and no missfire at all now.
Gap them to 0.8 so its easier for the current to jump the gap, as the current looks for the easiest way out, i.e. your coil packs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
These are all very common problems with all the skylines.
Bad plugs
Faulty coils
Faulty afm(s)
Faulty o2/lamda sensor
Loose hoses

·
Registered
894 Posts
might be ur plugs gapped wrong or ur coil packs, my dads was doing the same as urs becuase the coil packs where nackerd

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
mine did exactly the same so changed my plugs for iridiums, problem was still there, was my coils. If you know anyone with a skyline near you ask if you can quickly swap the coils over into yours before you start buying plugs.

Theres loads of threads on this ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts