Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, big clouds of White smoke from my exhaust yesterday after giving it a run to recharge the battery. Been stood in the cold for a few weeks while I was offshore.
Any ideas would be welcome

cheers in advance
wildboy

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah did think about that, drove about 20 miles at good "ahem" speed. Got it good and warm first as well before booting it. Little bit of smoke when sitting at the lights but when I pulled up outside my house it looked like someone had chucked a smoke bomb in my exhaust. Even got the neighbours out the house as he could see it out his window lol

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oil is fine. Bit lost myself mate lol, that's why I thought someone on here might have had a similar problem. Might do a compression test tomorrow before removing the turbo. Just want some ideas really of things to check before I have to start removing large parts. Just in case it's something simple really

·
RB25det inside
1,253 Posts
Check the breather pipes to the cam covers as well.
If you pull off the exhaust downpipe + maybe elbow off you should see if it's wet with oil ,if you run it for a while.

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
white smoke is normally water burning and since the standard turbo is water cooled as well is the level fine?

however i also say moisture in the exhaust system

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haven't checked the water level but i will first thing tomorrow. how long to clear the moisture from my exhaust do ya reckon ? if that is the cause

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
can take minutes or a while mate i done a headgasket and it took 3 days for the exhaust to clear of the water in it plus with this cold weather it will take longer.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
imo

I think it may be head gasket if alot of white smoke after 20 mins of driving.

Doesnt take alot of water really, the normal cold weather mist/smoke is fairly light in comparison.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.