Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok folks im looking to get hold of a ball bearing turbo to replace my standard ceramic. im not looking for something to handle silly power. around 400 bhp. can anyone help????????? :(

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Dont do it, go for needle rollers, you can have the standard turbo adjusted by the nice folks at TurboDynamics then you can do there or there abouts 400BHP whith the standard turbo. You can find them here

http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/

or ring them

01202 487497

or do something else entirely

Im doing 334BHP {@ wheels 1.1bar) with mine with plenty of scope for more boost (1.5 bar sensible working limit). The problem is mine tends to wheelspin at 90 in 3rd on standrad wheels and tyres so it can be a but fruity if your not careful

Paul

Its brutal :D:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
What other mods have you put in place to produce this can i ask mate?

Ill be sending my turbo of to them to soon hopefully, will have a GTR Intercooler on there to help the cooling also, plus GTR fuel pump and a 2mm head gasket. All the other mods are done like exhaust and de-cat plus induction kit etc

Regards

Mat

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Mat,
not much other than what you have, a fuel pressure regulator, bigger injectors and a management unit

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Forgot to say ill have a Apexi fuel pressure reguator and Power FC to map all the mods to it, cant wait to get it all done if this is the figure ill be getting or close to at the wheels, running 1.1 bar to!

I havent decided whether or not to upgrade the injectors as they should be ok for 370BHP, probably will though, dont want to max them out to much, which ones did you go for?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Mat,
My injectors were running at 90% duty producing 300bhp at the wheels so i'd be careful if i were you, you will end up burning things if you run too weak.

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah guess I should upgrade them also, probably go for some 550cc injectors. Ive been offered some Apexi 550cc side feed injectors, they say they are for a nissan SR20DET, but as the RB25DET is side feed also trying to find out if they will fit

Regards

Mat

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they should fit mate. i was speaking to gary about these.
at the mo my extras include
exhaust ,decat , induction and a front mounted greddy intercooler. been told it should be pushing bout 300 so im happy. im going to get bigger injectors, t04 turbo power fc plus some big boost button of nos.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bearings

If its ball bearings you want, I have a friend who is a high roller in a ball bearing factory.

He works next door to my other friend who is a big cog in the wheel at the cycle shop:boobies:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah come on Dork let's have some Turbo deals! A good buy one got one free deal on a pair of 3037's would be good. "Oh and chuck the manifold and wastegates in aswell". You know it makes sense;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts