Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not useing the car much now and after it being laid up for a few days the car is just about starting due to the alarm draining the battery a tad anyway after doing a search i found these the CTEK 800 Battery Conditioners is anyone useing one or something simular ? seems a good bit of kit for £43.32 inc p+p......FAQ on the CTEK800 they also do other stuff..car covers etc and are based in Eversley Hants www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk

·
Registered
552 Posts
tbh mate i bought one from halfrauds for £20, does exactly the same just not water proof, also had a look on ebay a while ago and saw solar panel chargers, could look very trick installed flush into the spoiler.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have tried the Draper one that can be bought in Halfords for around £25. I think it would be fine on a normal battery, but i have killed 2 on my Optima battery, despite it saying it would be ok.

I have also got a solar charger that i picked up from www12voltz.com . It has an output peak of 125mA at 15volts operational voltage
7.2 - 9 amps and 0.5 - 0.625 amp hours a day based on 4- 5 hours of average daily peak sunlight.
dimensions 12" x 4" x 1" (Sits between the rear speakers nicely) It was about £28 delivered.
This unit works OK, but didnt solve the issue i had. I think I have a drain in my system other than the power being used by the tracker / alarm. :crazy:

I have heard good things about the AccuMate trickle charger, if you go for a wall mount system (provided you have power) I persoanlly, am using a £45 Halfords own brand battery charger/maintainer. Works a treat, and is also a really decent battery charger, so you get two great devices in one.
:cheers:

·
Registered
879 Posts
looks the same as the one i have. I thought mine was ok when i got it, but the problem returned :crazy:
I must brave the cold and do a test at some point

1 - 5 of 5 Posts