Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent been driving the 350 in this weather but made sure Ive been starting it up and letting it idle each day...today, the first day which looked reasonable enough to take the 350 out....dead battery! Only 6months old so hoping that a blast with the ole portable charger will bring it back to life!!!!!

Joy! And I was hoping to use my snow button :p

·
Northumberland/Newcastle Area Rep
1,747 Posts
If I leave mine for more than 24hours in this weather I'm lucky if the battery has enough charge left to turn her over. I have an old mondie battery I keep on maintence charge which I use to jump it. Gonna get one of those portable booster units that you plug into the ciggie socket but not sure it will have enough ooooph to turn a 350 engine over?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Guys only start mine once a week max,but make sure i turn off everything before i leave it !!!
Started mine for the first time in nearly 2 weeks yesterday,it went first time
just !!
But left it running for 45 minutes..........it seems to work for me !!
Last time i used it was 3 weeks ago,but a 60 mile journey !!
Some early threads on the G35 forum about batteries for our UK motors
Have found the thread
The battery to have is
optima yellow top YT s 7RJ japanese terrminals(reversed)
Part number 8072-176
Contact tayna Tel no 01492 512085
Hope this helps
NB have not used this battery myself,so have no first hand experience

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Luck you haha, Im with Jester If in this weather if I leave for longer than 24hrs Im screwed! Didnt have a chance to try the portable pack as the heavens opened again! Cheers for the info, Halfords *shock* actually were able to source this for me last time, will more than likely be getting a new one once this weather has subsided!!!!

To add to the fun the faithful daily runner (Pug 306xsi) now has handbrake/abs/traction lights lit after todays slippery drive.......

Joy :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Gents,

Reunited with a gleaming GT350 after touch-up and buff (will post pictures l8r).

Very frustrated that the internal electrics Navi/Radio/Heater controls etc don't respond at all. It was AOK when it went in....and of course the body shop guys shouldn't have touched the electrics at all....yes we checked all the fuses!

I'm hoping that this may just be a drained battery and that fitting a new juicy one all will spring back to life.

Qs....

1. Anyone else seen this issue with the electrics?
2. Any more battery recommendations? Before I take the plunge and order the pricey Optima yellow top (Tayna Part #8072-176).

Cheers,
- Steve

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
well i woke this morning to a dead car. Baterry only just managed to open the door. had a word with my garage and now have brand new one. sorted. i didnt look at halfords but did get one for 63 quid. could of got one cheaper but i am happy enough.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How often should the batteries be changed?
It sounds like there's quite a lot of problems with the batteries - automatic gear lever stuck in park, window problems, non-starting etc. from reading on the forum over last month or so. Is it a yearly replacement or every couple of years for example - or is it just that the original batteries are rubbish and once you've changed it to a new one it's fine??
Cheers

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
if its a fresh import and the originial JDM ASAP , it will give up first sign of uk winter ,

same with the JDM tyres , compound to hard here for our cold climate ,

as a rule batteries are only last 3 yrs , hence the garauntee offered , GT battery as like all jap stuff is tiny ,

but saying that just replace when they fail / need renewing , its not like you need to import and suddenly need to start fitting tyres etc ,

first thing though when you receive your fresh import ( if from japan ) is a service and basic check over after the conversions

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
How often should the batteries be changed?
It sounds like there's quite a lot of problems with the batteries - automatic gear lever stuck in park, window problems, non-starting etc. from reading on the forum over last month or so. Is it a yearly replacement or every couple of years for example - or is it just that the original batteries are rubbish and once you've changed it to a new one it's fine??
Cheers

all cars have their problems , nissan sorted the window and lock problem

the GT is built better than your average German rubbish on sale these days , high sofisticated car , you'd need to spend £30k on german to get close to it

remember some of these GT's are now nearly 8 yrs old ... so parts do wear out

window wise alot of its to do with the "drop " when opening and closing the door , after all this ice we have had look how many have failed , perhaps scraping the windows before opening the door on those frosty/ icy mornings wouldnt have killed the motors trying to move a frozen solid window ??? just a thought

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.