Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a battery for my r33 gts cause the old one was knackered. Put it on the car and havent driven it for a couple of weeks, went out to start it and nothing completly DEAD. I tried jumping it but it went to turn over but not enough power...Any ideas or is this a common problem...?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
In my experiance its fairly standard for the battery to be flat after about
3 weeks. if i leave the boot open or the stereo on my gts-t will flatten the battery in a couple of hours. i fitted an uprated battery to my gtr before
it went to the sprayshop to save them any hassle and when i picked up the car 10 days later guess what? ku hu ku hu, had to jump it
if i plan on leaving the car for any extended period of time i now disconnect
the live terminal..

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think ill do the same then from now on...Cheers;)

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
That doesn't sound right.

I keep my Skyline locked away totally unused for several months every winter, and the starter motor churns and fires the engine immediately when spring comes.... just like if I parked it the day before.

I now have an uprated AGM* 70A battery, but even with the original miniature "Micra" battery (40A?), this was never an issue.

Unless your battery is in ridiculously bad shape, I would say there is something faulty in your electrical system draining it.

*(Advanced Glass Mat - no fluid acid, no gases, and mounts in any position)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts