Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i got the gtr it had a small battery with 320 amps which was fine for a 10 months till mrs wolf left the lights on whilst i was away for a week and killed it,
that was replaced under warrenty with the garrage that i got it from but for a 260 amp. its fine but when its cold like the weather we have just had its flat and have to jump start it any other time is fine.
have been told its the right size amp for the car :(
and the next size batery up wont fit in the space under the bonnet.
so i have decided to relocate it to the boot, now this will need a bigger power battery for it to work but is it posible to use one to big?
i have a 580 amp battery (from a 1.1 saxo suprisingly) is it safe to use for it or is that too small power

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
be fine mate :D:D

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
cca isnt really the bit thats important,skylines have a low compression you could probably start with 100 amps,it the ah or amp hours that determines roughly how long a battery will last

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread slightly here but i'm suffering the same problem as Wolf. I've killed 3 batteries in 2 years. I can only physically get a small battery in the space. Is there any way of getting more amp hours from the same size battery so i don't have to put it in the boot?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.