Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, new owner here, had the car 3 weeks now, very happy with it.

Anyway....im 22, 3 yrs no claims, no points, convictions, ect, skyline r33 gtr v-spec, fully comp, £1426! Cheers flux!

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mate, why do you think they could beat it?

I spent 3 hours ringing round and got nothing unker 2 grand untill a tried flux

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, didnt know of a-plan when i sorted the quote, allthough i will give them a call to find out, cheers matey!

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1072 euro and 1 year older! Not bad mate.......but we english get robbed with everything, tax, ect so unfortunatly the "beat this" only applies to uk residents, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Any mods on yours mate? I have just renewed with a-plan ALL mods declaired(Which there are a lot of) £920 fully comp, i couldnt get my card out quick enough in case he changed his mind lol!!!

So you should ring a plan see what they say.

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow thats good, how old are you, how much no claims? Well iv only just recently brought it and still need to get cam belt done (well, dont need to but going to to be on the safe side) and get it undersealed, then gonna get rid of the standard intake and have the limiter taken off.

So the mods on it are what were on it when i brought it, which are blitz front mount, hks super drager exhaust, and 18" rays volks, so thats with the wheels declared.

Oh iv got a question while im thinking about it, i havnt sent the insurance paperwork back yet where you declare alarm system, ect. It came with this vortex 3200j two way security system thing, which having got used to it, is really good, one of the best you can buy in japan aparently?? Its got like a mobile phone thingy that beets if someone is having a go at your car and tells you on the screen whats happening, thats got turbo timer and remote start built in, do you think the insurace would class this as a cat 1 (its obviously full closure, ect)

And also (sorry nother question) what do all you guys do when insuring a cheep run arround? Im just trying to weigh up if its worth getting something cheep to go to work and back in, if the cost of running something cheep will out weigh the cost of fuel in the skyline and not having to worry about it in asda, ect. Can i insure a seccond car on my skyline policy, what are prices like for something small and diesel (approx prices) i suppose i should ask the insurance this but they are closed, what do you pay on your R19 mate if you dont mind me being nosey?

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
wow thats good, how old are you, how much no claims? Well iv only just recently brought it and still need to get cam belt done (well, dont need to but going to to be on the safe side) and get it undersealed, then gonna get rid of the standard intake and have the limiter taken off.

So the mods on it are what were on it when i brought it, which are blitz front mount, hks super drager exhaust, and 18" rays volks, so thats with the wheels declared.

Oh iv got a question while im thinking about it, i havnt sent the insurance paperwork back yet where you declare alarm system, ect. It came with this vortex 3200j two way security system thing, which having got used to it, is really good, one of the best you can buy in japan aparently?? Its got like a mobile phone thingy that beets if someone is having a go at your car and tells you on the screen whats happening, thats got turbo timer and remote start built in, do you think the insurace would class this as a cat 1 (its obviously full closure, ect)

And also (sorry nother question) what do all you guys do when insuring a cheep run arround? Im just trying to weigh up if its worth getting something cheep to go to work and back in, if the cost of running something cheep will out weigh the cost of fuel in the skyline and not having to worry about it in asda, ect. Can i insure a seccond car on my skyline policy, what are prices like for something small and diesel (approx prices) i suppose i should ask the insurance this but they are closed, what do you pay on your R19 mate if you dont mind me being nosey?

I'm assuming your reply was directed at me. If so i'm 26, 8yrs no-claims, 1x sp30:mad: I was happy with that quote as i have never paid less than a grand for the skyline, it was £1100 at the last renewal, for basically stage 1 mods, running a lot more power now. I have found most insurance companies mainly concentrate on performance mods rather than cosmetic or ice which usually only add a few pounds to a premium.

Do you have any paperwork for the alarm? as you will be required to send it to the insurance with you proof of no-claims etc
Best off phoning them to see if they have it on their system, at the worst case you will require a new alarm.

Yes they would insure a 2nd car, but i found it best to have a seperate policy for my runabout. I went through the aa for mine, 3rd party only as i dont see the point in goin fully comp or even tpft on something as worthless as my 19. But again best off phoning your insurance company to discuss.
I payed £300 quid for my r19 policy.

Btw thats a stunning gtr you have there, i'm not jealous at all:dogpile:

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers matey!

No paperwork with the alarm, just the original box and a load of fitting gubbins, thats the thing you see im not sure if the insurance will class it as a cat 1, allthough the thing is fantastic and with the "mobile phone like thing" thats constantly connected with the car, that has an allarm so if the car is under attack, that goes off two no matter how far i am away form the car and even letts me know what part of the car is "under attack"

I know other cat 1's dont do this but as mine is a jap make not sure if they will accept it. Allthough they are just asking for a decleration of what it is, not any paperwork from it??????

I recieved a letter on fri saying "we do not appear to have recieved the following items, proposal form, copy of licence, Immobiliser decleration, ect ect so i better sort it out and get it sent off next week when i can use works photocopyer, think im just going to ring them tomorrow annonymously and ask them if they accept my allarm....hope i dont have to buy a new one, i need it undersealing before weather gets bad!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
age does have its benefits and my points have gone from my licence aswell, so i'll have to hope it goes down a bit more.
won't hold my breath though. lol

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
dont think i'll get it any lower really. most people cant get below 300 so if they even keep it similar i'll be happy.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Try greenlight.com mate, i been ringing around and the best price i got was 1300 from flux, but heard about greenlight and they offered me 830! Thats fully comp, minor mods (exhaust and strut braces) cat 1 alarm. Im 24 with 5 years no claims and clean license.

I phoned them up to check straight away the quote was real and they assured me it was! So soon as my new car is registered im ringing them up and accepting the deal!!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
no i just use it to wind up people like iansr33 (he's 27 and pays a fortune!)
would be good if all companies tried to price match, then we'd all get a more sensible premium!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts