Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Have fitted one of these recently...

I was doing my first test with it on the motorway this morning (lol!!) and allthough my friend behind me said there was mucho flamage it was barking out BIG clouds of dark smoke during limitation/spark cut

i also have a flamerkit fitted to the exhaust so i didnt think "the exhaust isnt hot enough" would make any difference? (exhaust temp was at 500 degrees after turbo)

is this normal????

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
I don't quite understand what you are asking is normal? The smoke? It will do that as the violence of the limiter exploding fuel in your exhaust pipe blows out all the soot built up inside the pipe. They do work better when the car is hot but obviously you wouldn't be bouncing it off the limiter until it had warmed up anyway?

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car was hot but the exhaust could have been hotter (if i was ragging it rather than driving to work....not that it makes any difference because its ignited by a sparkpklug) and the limiter was set at 2500rpm as i wanted to be gentle with the first testing

the question i am asking is "is it normal to get massive clouds of black smoke when using the limiter"

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
As has been said bud, for the first few times you might get loads of soot being dislodged, along with the unburnt fuel it could cause some massive black clouds?

If its still doing it after using it a few more times then i'm guessing its not soot and could just be excessive fuel?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.