Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

I just bought my 1st skyline, R32 gtst. I have a Bee*R limiter for it, and i tried fitting i today but i cant get my car to start. i have been searching for hours and hours for threads on Bee*r fitting instructions but they don't help me.

I wired as follows:

Yellow - 41
Green - 42
Red - 49
Black - 50

This is what it says to do in the sticky. With this combo the car does not start, so i changed the yellow and the green around even though that shouldn't be the problem as these are the corrected instructions i am following. The car still did not start when swapping the yellow and green wires over so i took them out altogether but left the red and black in - car started, i put the yellow and green back into 41 and 42 and the car wouldn't start again so i switched them again double checking, car still did not start.

I have no idea what to do next, could anyone help me out?

much appreciated

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is two rows of wires, two per pin, does it matter which one i use? i used the wires going to the top of the pins for each one, maybe this is my problem and need to wire into the bottom row? need a bit of help please, Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
173 Posts
Make sure youv'e turned the rev cut up from 0 as this will not let the engine start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
found my problem, mistakenly wired the pos n 48 and the neg into 49! wired it correctly this time and now the car starts but the limiter does not kick in, the light flashes sometimes if i turn the cut down to 1 or 2 when it is idling but thats it, when i put it on 0 the car is still running. piece of **** im clueless

·
Registered
208 Posts
Did it have an extra external circuit board (about half the size of a matchbox) heatshrinked into the loom? My brother had this on his unit and the car wouldn't start, turns out it was a Honda specific limiter, and worked fine after this box was chopped out of the loom. Just an idea.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Better hope you haven't shorted something out! IanH's stickied instructions are top notch. If you have followed them and a correct pinout diagram then you shouldn't be having any problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its all working now, i dont have a clue what happened but i when for a casual drive in the evening an it just started working, every time i took it out to test it it never worked, then when i didnt expect it it started to work! was worried at first when it started coughing and spluttering at 3500rpm and thinking the bee*r didnt work! thanks for all your suggestions guys.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts