Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an r33 gtst and for some reason doesnt seem to have a rev limit so i thought about geting a bee-r limiter but i just have a couple of questions

1. I heard somewhere they can damage the engine, is this true?

2. How difficult are they to fit, bearing in mind i have a basic knowledge of electrics but i'm not brilliant

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
It's bizzare that you don't have a rev limit!

1. It won't damage your engine or turbo if you use it like it's supposed to be used, as a rev limiter. If you want to pop flames and show off (hehe) you'll brake your ceramic turbo in no time

2. Not too difficult, just a few wires to split and solder on the ECU side.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's bizzare that you don't have a rev limit!

1. It won't damage your engine or turbo if you use it like it's supposed to be used, as a rev limiter. If you want to pop flames and show off (hehe) you'll brake your ceramic turbo in no time

2. Not too difficult, just a few wires to split and solder on the ECU side.
i know, it was like that when i got it, i've had it rev up to 8000rpm then got scared and changed gear and i've been told there only supposed to rev upto 7200rpm but wanting to get a bit more into drag racing next year so i dont want to over rev it and blow the engine

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
the std rev counters arent all that accurate to be honest, if it was really revving to 8k, the the the tappets would start to hydraulic, and you would deffo know about it!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
funny u should say that the guy who i bought it off said it had a mines signature on the bonnet when he had it but some cats scratched the bonnet so he got it sprayed and they sprayed over the signature.

·
Call Me Blakuza
81 Posts
like the owner of mine's signed his car? or the "Mine's" sticker that is in cursive (signature). If some cats had scratched it and that's all it seems like it would have buffed out.

·
Registered Insane
997 Posts
Why not just take it out and have a look, if it's a mines ecu it will have a mines plaque on it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
ive seen a couple of cars with no rev limit on them, usually after a mines ecu or the likes has gone in...

if used correctly as said above then itll be fine, but once you go messing with the gain etc kiss the tubby bye bye. why not just go to a tuners and get a limit put on it??
Robbie couldnt put a limiter on mine ****, still revs out to 9,000 if I get sloppy wen diffing

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
like the owner of mine's signed his car? or the "Mine's" sticker that is in cursive (signature). If some cats had scratched it and that's all it seems like it would have buffed out.
He said it was an actual signature sprayed onto the bonnet and was like that when he bought it, the scratches probably would just buff out but the guy was really fussy and wanted it sprayed, he said he was just expecting them to spray over the scratches but they ended up spraying the whole thing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts