Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
It allows you to adjust the point at which the rev limiter cuts in also the amount of time it cuts in for,not only that it cuts the spark and not the fuel as the standard limiter does which is suppose to be better for the engine.

It also has a launch control capability.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
It allows you to adjust the point at which the rev limiter cuts in also the amount of time it cuts in for,not only that it cuts the spark and not the fuel as the standard limiter does which is suppose to be better for the engine.

It also has a launch control capability.
It is a very basic form of launch control - just allows you set a rev limit for while the handbrake is on.

I've heard that a car backfires more violently when it hits a bee r limiter. Is there any truth in this?
When you hit it, big noise, flames and poppage ensues! :devil:

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Iknow there has been many a debate of the destructive power of these things - i have one fitted and pretty much only use it as intended ( with the occasional fun pop!) but i 'm guessing that guy is heading for problems!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
If used correctly it is a good piece of kit ,but it would seem alot of people just use it to make a lot of noise and blow there turbos to bits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts