AKA The Torque Monster
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers ****.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
they will fry your turbo

for anyone who knew Jamie P he fried 4x turbos with one of these on his Supra TT

They look awesome , but damage the car in the end ,

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i doubt these killed his turbo's, it was prob something else that did that

·
AKA The Torque Monster
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they will if your turbo's contain ceramic or plastic bits.
the turbo was made by RC developments and is the same as a hks t04z but with a bigger inlet wheel and bearing. its getting a single tubby conversion with a 2.8L stroker kit. was not in to the flamer part of it just to lower the rev limmit on the car.:feedback:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm not familiar with your turbo or the setup, but the way the limiter works is by cutting ignition while keeping the fuel going. The side effect of this is that the fuel ignites when it enters the hot exhaust, usually in the manifold/exhaust housing. According to Bee-R this flow of gas/ignition keeps the turbo spooling during shifts etc. Unless you have an all metal turbo internal, the excess heat generated tends to make a mess of things eventually.

Also the wheels/bearings etc are usually built to withstand exhaust gasses flowing through, not explosions, in time it can wear them down.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
so when it keeps the turbo spinning, do you have to hit whatever rev it is set at or can you let off just before and it keeps spinning?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bee-R limiters are funky and cool, but they do break stuff.
If you set them so they don't do loads of popping banging and flaming, they're not so bad, but there aren't many people who don't find it somewhat addictive to just turn those knobs round and POP BANG BRAP WHOOSH SNAP CLATTER CLATTER WHOOPS...... :shakehead:

·
Registered
218 Posts
so basically it works like an after market anti-lag system,

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,702 Posts
if oyu just want to lower the rev limit when running in your engine, the power fc can do it, takes 10 seconds to change

i dropped mine down to 4k, pop pop pop pop, never once went above it

·
Boom , headshot !!!
752 Posts
I fiited one a few monthes ago , and also run the power fc. The only time i use the Bee-r is for launch , and ive set it up so that my FC is my normal limiter and put an additional on/off switch on the Bee-r. I've found that if i was driving it hard to the limiter, the car cut out more agreesive than the power FC , somtimes giving the feeling the car was lunging forwards.

As for damageing things my mates had his fitted for about 2 years now with no problems , and he's running it down the strip most of the time. Yet another mate had one on his silvia and it knackered the engine in no time.

·
Boom , headshot !!!
752 Posts
Yeh , that was it , i think its because they have hydrolic lifters isnt it?? , he had to put some rocker steadying arms on or somthing. I'm glad you posted that as this is what i were after saying as the R33's dont have solid lifters like the 34

mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts