Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im soo fustrated as i have just spoted a gem of an R34 i know i could afford the car but not the insurance or the fule costs and i would just end up sitting there on my drive and nobody wants that. :shakehead:

i need somthing to pass the time to save up

·
Always sideways
4,231 Posts
I know the feeling, I had to go through a Clio and a Corsa before the Skyline. Insurance, Road Tax, Fuel, servicing and mods, soon adds up.
The car cost me £5,000, and I reckon I'll probably spend at least £8-9000 tuning and running it for a year. :eek:

T

·
0 Posts
What really grinds my gears are kids that like to dream.......alot.

Mostly about owning Skylines when only 16!!!

How can you afford the R34 then? Rich parents or child genius?

·
Always sideways
4,231 Posts
I didn't realise (well, not until a few moments ago) that you were only 16. I could have afforded to buy a Skyline years ago, but had to hold off for my insurance to come down (it's still over £1500 for a year)

It's never about just buying the car, there is SO much more to pay for - you won't even realise it until you own a car.

·
Standard,plain and simple
1,649 Posts
when you turn 17 and will be able to drive there wont be a company that will insure you for under £6000 and as you have never drove a powerful car you will kill yourself in less than a month , is it worth it ??
wait till you have been driving for some time then look into it , im 27 and have been driving 10 years and i still se a skyline a scary car to drive in the wet , not worth the risk BOY!

·
Dirty Torquer
113 Posts
hmmmm so you say you are a eletrical and mechanical engineer? quoted from your profile "Occupation: elctrical machanical engineer". takes a few years of training to get to that level my boy. i know this because that is what i am. obviously english language is not one of your strong points ;).

so come on...who is behind this wind up?

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Is this just the next generation or what? Of course everyone wants the unobtainable, but when I hit 17 I just wanted to drive........anything!!!! . At that point in my life I didn't care what is was.

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
colinspooky said:
Did I miss something here - Daf F is 16? And CAN afford an R34 ? erm, right. I am 46 and still can't. Something screwy here.
:screwy:

Just thinking about that for a moment - if I didn't pay £8k for my lady's ST170, or the £3,400 for my kid's Corsa to learn in only then it gets sold again and he can buy his own, plus the almost £4,000 on my GTS, then, erm...... that makes........ a GTT at least..... Yay.........
Still haven't got one tho............ :slap:

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Skylines at the moment are well within the reach of an ordinary person. The amount of brand new Mondeos/Vectras I see driving round that cost the same if not more than a 33 gtr! I personally pay for the running of 4 cars at the moment, I was a bit more frugal I'd be a lot closer to my ultimate goal.

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
General Banter said:
Skylines at the moment are well within the reach of an ordinary person. The amount of brand new Mondeos/Vectras I see driving round that cost the same if not more than a 33 gtr! I personally pay for the running of 4 cars at the moment, I was a bit more frugal I'd be a lot closer to my ultimate goal.
yep, i was asked by the spotty oik in the local petrol station if mine was a company car! I laughed, no i said, he said wow wish i could afford that! I've only got that out there... he points to a brand new 1.4 clio... hmmm i didn't want to burst his bubble and tell him i paid about half of what he paid, they are well within reach of the ordinary person now, luckily though alot of them don't realise it or they'd be more skylines here than in japan... its already getting a bit much! i've seen so many in my home town i've thought about selling it as its so common

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
"a lot of them don't realise it or they'd be more skylines here than in japan"

erm, there is. . . Isn't there?

But I do agree, some people do think they are ALL fabulously expensive and way beyond normal reach.
But then there are some with such outrageous prices that get lots of publicity, you can't blame them for thinking that.

T

·
0 Posts
colinspooky said:
But I do agree, some people do think they are ALL fabulously expensive and way beyond normal reach.
Tbh, for most people they are when you take into account the running costs.

Hense why you see so many for sale nowadays.....cheap to buy, very expensive to tune/run.

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
they're plenty affordable for the 19yr olds living with their parents still that seem to be the majority of the ones buying R33GTSTs off ebay for £3500 :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts