Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am still not totally up to speed with the skyline so a little help please.

One of my belts is frayed and on back to front.

Is this the pas belt? My power steering has packed up. Would it be feasible for the belt to have turned itself and caused this problem?

And then to change the belt is it solely the one nut to loosen?

Cheers.

·
soon to be 4dr r32 owner!
128 Posts
looks liek PAS belt, you need a 10mm and 12mm i think, and of you use sockets you need a really long one. the third picture is where you need to go in from with your spanner
hope this helps

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
in the last picture it apears the belt has been put on inside out, you can see the groves on the outside of the belt:crazy:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in the last picture it apears the belt has been put on inside out, you can see the groves on the outside of the belt:crazy:
thats what i meant by the back to front. Dont recall it being this way and wonder if it has turned itself hence my problem.

miltski, 10 and a 12mm? Does that mean two bolts to do, not just the one on the long tread?

·
soon to be 4dr r32 owner!
128 Posts
the one on the long thread, then on further away and at 90degress if you're looking at the third picture, I found the long thread one i used an open spanner, then the other I had to use short socket on ratchet, if you don't loosen that one it will be a nightmare, and don't forget to do both when your finished!

the second bold is facing towards you when you're facing the front of the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts