Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to get exhaust done on my 2.0 Na R33 soon.getting a decat straight through pipe with no silencer and big jap backbox that will make up forthe no silencer hopefully...whats best bore size so i dont lose power..i just want it soundin nice

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
2.5" exhaust, max.
Be careful though, its very easy to make an n/a RB sound like rocks rattling in a can in the upper revs.

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm so you got any advice on type of setup i should go for...plus would 2.5 be better then 2.1/2" which i was originally going for...basically i dnt want to lose power or fuel js wantin it sound nice n loud want the straight6 sound rumblin n echoin like skylines do n nt broken or chavvy like a saxo lol

·
9,198 Posts
I don't have bugger all n/a exhaust experience so unfortunately I can't suggest what works, what doesn't etc.
Hopefully someone on here has played around with n/a exhausts and will have the knowledge you need :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am going to argue that you would want a 3 inch exhaust.

The reason I say this is actually from Honda K20A experience. All of the 200+ whp N/A 2 liter engines are running 3 inch exhausts.

More then anything the header is going to be more important then the exhaust size.

·
9,198 Posts
icydude : go fit a 3" full exhaust to a RB20E and see what happens.

·
Registered
109 Posts
icydude : go fit a 3" full exhaust to a RB20E and see what happens.
yes obviously it won't be good.

but I was adding food for thought.

Here is a comparison for a 2.5 inch to 3 inch. 2.5" is the dotted lines, 2.5 inch is solid.

Temp on dyno was 92f for the 3 inch and 73f while dynoing the 2.5.
K20A2
Stock from valve cover to oil pan
RBC manifold
11" intake with velocity stack/filter combo
Tri-Y long tube header
3" Thermal exhaust
Tuned with K-Pro

It's not an rb20e but the header will be far more important then the exhaust itself.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
its just like a throttle butterfly/body in the exhaust system so you can restrict it from inside the car it acts as a silencer aswell for built up areas

·
Wanting more skyline parts
31 Posts
I would say 2 and a 1/4 inch would be ideal, Im running this size on my 2.0 NA.

Would be interested to see/ hear the results.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
I personally wouldn't go any bigger than 2 1/4" for a 2L N/A, i think you will start to loose mid range torque with a 2 1/2" system, and 3" will just kill the torque.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
na

I personally wouldn't go any bigger than 2 1/4" for a 2L N/A, i think you will start to loose mid range torque with a 2 1/2" system, and 3" will just kill the torque.
thats why you have the valve,and if you work it like the rb25de s type it opens at 4100rpm so you don't loose any torque

1 - 20 of 59 Posts