Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
turbo went yesterday so i need to get it rebuilt, garret gt30/40 roller bearing, cheers peeps

·
Registered
50 Posts
what went on it, wheel? seal?

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its rattling like fook, bearings gone, no clouds of blue smoke, it just started rattling really bad

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not goin that place in derby, heard bad things about there

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
The best Garrett turbo people in the UK are Owen Developments

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I had a re-build with turbo centre uk

http://www.turbocentreuk.co.uk/index.htm

Runnin bril, fitted myself with new copper washers, with a 4 day turn around collected then re-delivered back to my home.

Spot on :dogpile:

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
The most popular to use are;

Turbo dynamics
Turbo Technics
Universal Turbo's

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
Dont use Turbo technics!!

Universal turbos are good with Garretts, give em a call Graham is the man to speak to

·
Registered
103 Posts
Turbo techincs done my.

Have driven the car less than 2,000 miles since they rebuilt both units with steel inners.

Went for a drive on the weekend heard a bang :eek: and had some blue smoke coming out of my exhuast:eek: :eek: . Looks like of the the turbo's have blowen an oil seal running at 0.6 bar at the time and 1.1max. They where supposed to be rated for 1.4bar.:disappointed:

Can't wait for the reply when I ring them and see what they say when I get the turbo's out in a few weeks time.:spank:

Still undeiced where to send them yet.:confused:

Firstly will have to look at the tubbies.:mad:

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
I had a turbo technics turbo on my pulsar, rated to 1.5bar yet i ran it at 1.75bar and over 4 years on its still going strong.

i blew 2 turbo dynamic turbos within 2 weeks of each other before i found my oil feed wasnt good enough, yet it was ok for my RSP turbo, different turbos with different specs can need different set ups.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
It´s quite interesting to see how many different controversial opinions there are! I just wonder how can it be that the same company does turbos that pull strong and are reliable and the same guys do turbos rated for 1.4 bar and the stupid thing goes bang while running 1.0 bar. I mean is there really no quality check anymore in these companies? Shouldn´t it be of companies interest to keep customers satisfied? :crazy:

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Turbo are normally very strong and reliable, in my experience its the parts around the turbo that causes them to go pop and i've always been told that if you've got problems with your engine the turbo is the first to show it.

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
was thinkin that bruce, but all tubby places are going to have good & bad reports, i have had two tt turbos before and been ok, thinking owen or aet now

·
Registered
180 Posts
Owen Developments. No contest.

The have supported me throughout my personal and professional projects over the years, and they are responsible for rebuilding our WRC turbo's (SWRT), and are a genuine authority on the subject.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.