Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets see what u guys think is the best way to secure ur car..

is it just alarm immobeliser
killswitch... rev-limiter.... tracker? or would u go for a combination?

let me give my opinion

now if a thive choose to still ur car then if he is good he will still it nomater how hard u try.. but all u can do is to make their life hard as possible...now as i m a r32 owner i belive no pro thief is comin after taht model... it may be some prick amature tryinmg to show off stilling it...i have alarm+immobeliser on it.. i m not into tracker.... i will put on a killswitch or a revlimiter set on 800rpm with a hidden swith ... if they cant find the switch they can't thrash the car with that much power ;)

tracker is a waste for me.... no point retrieving ur car after all the damage has been done.....

what u guys think...

oh also... do u think there should be a forum about car security?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just went for a alarm + immobilizer. At least it gives something.
Oh yeah. And I'll just not park it in some neighborhoods.

I was considering to go for a tracker but the cost doesn't make it worth it as the car will probably be embedded in a wall before I get near the f**kers that stole it.

I like the idea on a revlimiter that sets it to perhaps 900 or so, not sure how that would integrate with my apexi power fc tho.

I'm glad I set my revlimiter on the apexi when I had the alarm installed... the guy told me he had tried to rev it but it didn't rev very well.. No... not very strange at all when I've set the limiter.

Yeah a car security forum would be nice.

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
put a smoke machine in it if they cant see when there in it they cant drive it away and get the alarm that txts your mobile when there in it so you can catch them in the act

·
Number 1 Monkey
591 Posts
Armed guard with this parked by the car:

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9761803-7.html?tag=head

Decent CAT1, CAT3 and a CAT Q if you are in a bad area. Also doesnt hurt to block the car in and have a big dog...

Remember there is only so much you can do, if they want it they will go for it. Part the reason why I have not gone for big wings and wheels. want to keep the mods "stealthy".

·
bla
17,374 Posts
best security nowadays is a garage, well lit and cameras etc. lol.. Its a **** world we live in and an alarm wont stop some peevish little tosspots from damaging it....

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
yeah, thats the problem they may not be able to get past the imobiliser but by that time a lot of damage could of been done. Hopefully I'll be moving to a nicer area in the near future with a garage! hate leaving mine on the street esp as its public parking so I couldnt stick a camera up and aim it anywhere :S

·
Registered
170 Posts
cat i alarm imoberlizer, street parking. visible deterent steering wheel lock.
leave in reverse, turn wheels towards curb, stops them pushing it before starting it.
disconect ignition amp one wire, car wont start,
Dont belive in cutting the fuel as they are ragging it cut fuel, engine damage,
skylines dont like not having fuel.
leave as little in as possible.

And in a bad ares get one of these:Uzi:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
some good points coming up

i like the rev limiter and kill switch idea....

carvolution.. i m in kent.... :( is that close or far from ya....lol

and yeah i will buy a steering wheel lock

·
Registered
640 Posts
1. Garage
2. CAT 1 alarm with pager

·
Registered
751 Posts
i have a alarm and immobiliser, put a steering lock on most of the time. (should do it all the time really). but mine is fairly standard, when i get a few more bits on and serious money start going on the car i will invest in a better alarm, i plan to put a power fc on the car which if you can set a rev limit on and take out the handcontroller, and when i get my own place hopefully it will have a garage.

i you go to shows make sure theives dont follow you home, far fetched, not if you have 20 odd thousand pounds invested in your pride and joy.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
most theives just torch the car if they cant get what they want from it,not saying they wouldnt torch it after thrashing it anyway.ive never seen a stolen car till today that could live to tell the story.i have a good cat 1 setup and tracker but im still nervous when i gotta leave it anywhere over 3/4 hours e.g. today drayton manor.its a shame that owning a car with this kind of reputation is always going to bring these risks with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i try to keep it in public as mush as possible when i m out with it.... well the theif has to take it b4 they can torch it.... so why not stoping them from taking it

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,702 Posts
clifford 650 alarm with black jax

once they dont enter the code which they wont know, the system pulses down the power to the injectors and the engine just stops dead

wouldn't also mind a fuel pump kill switch - hidden of course

1 - 20 of 36 Posts