Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I have roughly £1000 to spend on my car, (R32 GTS-t) Iv had it for three years, and now it is my only car, so it will now be a daily driver + Fun Weekend car, I have never been to a track day, but soon will be living in the UK, and I would really like to go to some + other Jap events.

But basicaly I want to spend some cash on some performance mods.
What do you guys reccon, Iv found some ideas from searching but nothing arround 1k, Already have Decat, Cat back Exhaust, and front strut brace.

What should I do next??? Was thinking:

Air Filter (no Idea what kind, was thinking HKS mushroom type) £80???
FMIC £300
Boost Controller £15 (manual cheap type)
Fuel Pump £60
R33 Trubo £200
Set up on rolling road £100 maybee new ECU £200

What you guys reccon???????????? :boogy:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Fmic

As the title says, I have roughly £1000 to spend on my car, (R32 GTS-t) Iv had it for three years, and now it is my only car, so it will now be a daily driver + Fun Weekend car, I have never been to a track day, but soon will be living in the UK, and I would really like to go to some + other Jap events.

What do you guys reccon, Iv found some ideas from searching but nothing arround 1k, Already have Decat, Cat back Exhaust, and front strut brace.

FMIC £300
Fuel Pump £60

Smurf is selling a GTR FMIC for £50 pluss delivery, give you a bit to spend someware else. Like maybe coilovers. I dont Know exactly what stage you need to get better ones but if you going to start upping the power at some stage youl need them.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

FMIC £300
Fuel Pump £60

Smurf is selling a GTR FMIC for £50 pluss delivery, give you a bit to spend someware else. Like maybe coilovers. I dont Know exactly what stage you need to get better ones but if you going to start upping the power at some stage youl need them.

That sounds interesting is a GTR FMIC, easy to fit (for a novice like me)??? would the GTR be the same as the GTS-t, I take it it isnt, ie at the left hand side, by the bumper??? with the name FMIC LOL,Iv had a GTR but cant remember.
No suspension mods done yet but would be interested, car is standard height at the mo with 18" wheels and 40mm at the back and 35mm tyres at the front. worried any lowering at the back would cause the tyres to rub.
Need the ride to be fairly smooth due to do the long journeys with all my stuff, too and from uni tho. (plus my dad drives it probably more than I do, Dont wana shake the rest of his hair out LOL)

Cheers for all your help......

Kev

·
bla
17,374 Posts
thres an r32 gtst ecu power fc on ebay... Rare as rocking horse ****... He wants around £800 for it though.....

·
Registered
962 Posts
There is a guide to fitting a GTR FMIC in FAQs section. I think the one for sale at £50 does not have any pipework with it.

I think the items you have listed are a good start - I wouldn't bother with coilovers just yet.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Prices are good at the mo for these parts.....

Hi Kev, :wave:

First thing I would buy is a turbo-elbow+downpipe or a dump-pipe which is both in one. After that get yourself an Apexi induction kit. Electronic boostcontroller is next. Then the FMIC, which can be bought at good prices these days incl. the piping - just check out the Japspeed section.

Prices? 129 for the dump-pipe, 60 for the induction kit(Nengun?), 200 for the boostcontroller(Blitz single solenoid), FMIC at around 225. Your only 614 pounds lighter, and still got money left for some extras! Maybe you should think of getting yourself a turbo-timer too! :D

Looking for coilovers, I can only advice you to have a go at the K-sports - my car REALLY drives a lot better since fitting them - not the cheapest, but a great peace of kit! Look around at the forum - there's more of us using these coilovers.

Hope you can do something with my advice - anyone else any ideas for spending his 1000 pounds??

Greetz, Eddie :cheers:

p.s.: fuel-pump will be needed if you go for a Apexi SAFC and larger injectors - this is the easiest- and cheapest way to get more power from your RB - got myself the SAFC Neo and it's GREAT!

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Kev, I have a GTR fuel pump kicking around somewhere. If you're interested, it's yours for 40 quid, just needs a filter sock.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for all your help guys:cheers:

Mark McQ, would definitly be interested in the fuel pump. Would you be able to ship it to Guernsey???

Cheers

Kev

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Cheers for all your help guys:cheers:

Mark McQ, would definitly be interested in the fuel pump. Would you be able to ship it to Guernsey???

Cheers

Kev
Yep, shouldn't be a problem.
I'll need to look the pump out, it's in a box 'somewhere', just can't remember where. Once I find it, I'll get a pic of it for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts