Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am with sky insurance and i am having a nightmare of a time with them!!!!

Here is why:

* sold me a policy saying that any mods that I may do to the car will be covered within the quote as it was within the policy
* i also made an information only notice to sky about a possible claim (which never materialised) and was unable to remove this as they processed it as a claim which was hindering my no claims
* i had to approach Chauser (the insurance company) directly to get the 'claim' removed as sky was not competant enough in doing their job!!

So save yourself the hastle and DO NOT USE SKY for your insurance......
I must also say THANK YOU TO DAN at A-PLAN as it was his advice that I used when speaking to chauser to get the 'claim' taken off.

and finally for all you Sky Insurance customers here is the number for Financial Ombudsman (FOS) - 0300 123 9 123 ....as you will need it!! :)

GOOD LUCK!!!!

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Im with sky and havent had any problems when speaking to them about new mods ect, and main reason i went with them was because a mate of mine had his car stolen and had no problems getting them to pay out the full amount his car was worth.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Im with sky and havent had any problems when speaking to them about new mods ect, and main reason i went with them was because a mate of mine had his car stolen and had no problems getting them to pay out the full amount his car was worth.
the only problem comes when you want your money back or when they dont do their job, which is the case now. if i could get it sorted out with chauser, why couldnt they? i mean i am the customer at the end of the day!!!

oh and also iv been passed on to 3 different people during the last week, so im wating for the 4th person next, as the previous person now cant deal with it :)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I was with Sky for two years (Chauser the second year) I made lots of cosmetic upgrades and didn't charge me extra. I think it's normal that they charge you if you make performance upgrades such as bigger turbos, engine swaps with bigger hp etc etc... Did you speak with Ollie?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was with Sky for two years (Chauser the second year) I made lots of cosmetic upgrades and didn't charge me extra. I think it's normal that they charge you if you make performance upgrades such as bigger turbos, engine swaps with bigger hp etc etc... Did you speak with Ollie?
yea i know what you mean about change is bhp, etc, iv had modded cars before so been there done that, but i went by what i was told and sold. the thing is they could not even sort out the secodn issue of this 'claim'which was given over phone for information purposes only......i spoke to wally, sorry i mean ollie and now he has palmed me on to richard, and next will be tom, dick and harry..........the story goes on :D

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Good luck mate, insurance companies can be a nightmare to deal with.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just an update.............left a message for Richard Kemp yesterday (as Ollie had passed me on to him now), he did not return my call, i tried today, left another message....then finally he gets back to me, but was not unable to give me a straight answer as Chauser had not returned his call, he said that he will call me as soon he speaks to them, but no joy as yet.......so until this is sorted i have an invalid policy, one which i have paid until the 24th of april :) good aint it?

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
OMG

Good luck matey, I had a massive dispute with a trade insurance a couple of years ago, so I know what ya mean.

I am also with sky (chauser).

I am re-newing in april, so dan can sort a deal for me. :bananasmile:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OMG

Good luck matey, I had a massive dispute with a trade insurance a couple of years ago, so I know what ya mean.

I am also with sky (chauser).

I am re-newing in april, so dan can sort a deal for me. :bananasmile:
i would defo speak to dan hugh, i mean i spoke to him regarding this matter and also got a quote, the funny thing is dan quoted me LESS with all the mods, than sky without the mods :)

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
i would defo speak to dan hugh, i mean i spoke to him regarding this matter and also got a quote, the funny thing is dan quoted me LESS with all the mods, than sky without the mods :)

^^^ will defo be doing that

Still don't understand why members DONT talk to Dan before going elsewhere. Talk about ignoring advice.

^^^ No one would use my 3 yrs ncb as was trade (when I crashed my r33 the claim was rejected).

sky excepted that or I would have been a corsa chav now. lol :gay:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.