Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, had car done yesterday and its producing 286.1 bhp @ the wheels but what would that be @ the fly wheel and how would you convert it?? I've heard a few people say it woul be around 320-330 is that true?:sly:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that! so im producing about 316 bhp @ the fly wheel..... im a happy man!:bigthumb:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Its not really a set bhp figure but a percentage so it can change a lot.

RWD tend to lose about 12-14% from the flywheel to the wheels.
4WD tend to lose about 24% from the flywheel to the wheels.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Auto is roughly the same loss as 4wd, give or take.

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Depends on the dyno - RWD loses about 20% as an estimate - but that percentage is less if its on a dynopack as theres no loss due to tyres.....

What was yours pushing out Jojo?
It was 302bhp at the fly, couldnt get any more because the standard intercooler decided that it was not happy and got hot. I am going to wait until I get my pay out, then Im getting an afm, bigger injectors and a front mount and I will get 400bhp. Then it will be a case of wait until the auto box gives up the ghost and get a manual conversion!

My turbo aint even using half its power at the mo, grrrrrrr!

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
What was the dyno sheet number for that run? I`ll look and see what it is at the wheels.
Its at home in the skyline, 302bhp was the highest that Richard got it (assuming this isnt Richard). I did ask Damo to send me the figures for at the wheels, but they never arrived. Dont think I want to know tbh, lol, probs crap anyways! I will have a manual if I have to sell my ass on ebay to get it!

·
Registered
318 Posts
what mods to get 282 at the hubs?

mine recently ran 242bhp at the hubs in 4th gear...

before that it ran 306.6bhp at the flywheel figure in 3rd gear... different tuner and dyno

what does it all mean how can the figures be so far apart?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine recently ran 342.3bhp and 330ft/lbs flywheel figures. The wheels figure was 286bhp. The only mods I have is fuel pump, exhaust, air filter, boost controller set at 0.85, fmic and power fc.

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Have you got a BIN price?
Lol, no but do have a best offer policy! :p
Arse comes with body attached, can cook, clean, and do a variety of other things! Good condition for age, slightly used and abused, in need of a little tlc.

Something is only worth as much as someone wants to pay for it!

·
Registered
305 Posts
It was 302bhp at the fly, couldnt get any more because the standard intercooler decided that it was not happy and got hot. I am going to wait until I get my pay out, then Im getting an afm, bigger injectors and a front mount and I will get 400bhp. Then it will be a case of wait until the auto box gives up the ghost and get a manual conversion!

My turbo aint even using half its power at the mo, grrrrrrr!
Thought you had the FMIC on it :( - did that get sorted in the end?

Im looking for ways to reroute the intercooler pipework to avoid the traveling over the engine :(

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Thought you had the FMIC on it :( - did that get sorted in the end?

Im looking for ways to reroute the intercooler pipework to avoid the traveling over the engine :(
It didnt happen, and will try and get one put on the car that does not go over the top of the engine, have someone who may make me a custom fit one (if he stops being an arse, lol).

Had problems with the FMIC that I bought, wasnt supplied with all the parts and had already booked it in for mapping, so went ahead.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It didnt happen, and will try and get one put on the car that does not go over the top of the engine, have someone who may make me a custom fit one (if he stops being an arse, lol).

Had problems with the FMIC that I bought, wasnt supplied with all the parts and had already booked it in for mapping, so went ahead.
You get a replacement? or a refund?

Blitz do one that doesnt go over the engine :)

As I already have one on mine Im going to see about re-routing

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Running a car in third or fourth will make a difference to the power along with silly little things like air temp + pressure, your tyre pressure etc

The only REAL accurate way to get a power figure is on an engine dyno, rolling roads are good for a guide but mainly for engine tuning and diagnostics.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts