Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me what BHP my standard 2.0 R33 Non Turbo should be running at roughly? And does anyone know what insurance group these are in? Any info would be great! Cheers, Rick.

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
i own one i love it and had it s year....130 to 140bhp- but it feels like its a hell of a lot more...but not enough for a 'skyline' if you know what i i mean....

mine gives standardish classic shape impreza turbo's a good run and mines standard just decatted and aftermarket exhaust.... can beat stuff like v6 passats, galants, astra coupe 2.2's easily which all these have a lot more bhp especially the impreza's...

but power of 2.0 comapred to 2.5turbo skyline its crap lol...i got beat by a 250bhp 10plate megane cup gt easily after it boosted..first 5 seconds it was crap...this all legal racing ofcourse....astra coupe with vxr turbo annhilated mine and so did a lamborghine lp670-4sv....but that lambo... i let him ;)

they still pretty slidey...bit hard to hold drifts but then again i dont know how to drift lol...but it is way too underpowered for proper drifitng

gets attention everywhere you go and sounds the part too..end of the day it is a skyline...people say fuel is cheap i think its pretty bad as it more pricer then a scooby

insurance is funny best of ringing them and explaining about how is 2.0na

hope this helps.. i would never get rid mine for anything else unless its another skyline

·
Registered
141 Posts
Depends what model mate,I believe the rb20e is about 100bhp and the rb20de is about 125bhp roughly,the comment above is wrong I think it's no where near 140bhp!!find out what engine model you have or try the search button at the top

·
Registered
141 Posts
LOOKGOOD - mine gives standardish classic shape impreza turbo's a good run and mines standard just decatted and aftermarket exhaust.... can beat stuff like v6 passats, galants, astra coupe 2.2's easily which all these have a lot more bhp especially the impreza's...

I don't mean to be rude,but a turbo impreza at any shape even the classic would kill a 2.0na skyline,the skyline is such a heavy car!dont mean to p*ss on your chips just giving my 2ps worth

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
morzy you let me down...we are supposed be tempting ricky to get a skyline lol

and honestly i kid you not the 2.0 has been neck and neck with all the standard classic ones with like exhausts and filters in rolling starts 2nd gear on a mile drags and iv driven all sorts of subaru's from standard to 400bhp ones.... anyway but then got left by my mates tuned RA Impreza lol.

anyway its not about racing as iv learnt my lesson and well behaved now i just cruise to lookgoood now :)

...i was just basically saying its worth getting a skyline doesnt matter if ita 2.0...skyline is a skyline its still a straight-6 rb engine and if you cant afford other models then go for it

·
Man of many spanners
1,166 Posts
Lammy is right, the r33 rb20e puts out 130 bhp. Not sure about what cars they can keep up with but they feel a bit underpowered although a surprisingly nice drive and sound pretty good too

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah by all means buy one,like you say it's a skyline at the end of the day it's every kids dream car,go for it and I garuntee you will not regret buying one which ever you go for

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Depends what model mate,I believe the rb20e is about 100bhp and the rb20de is about 125bhp
The RB20DE wasn't an engine option for the R33. The only engine it can be if it's a 2 litre is an RB20E

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
rb20e is about 100bhp and the rb20de is about 125bhp roughly,the comment above is wrong I think it's no where near 140bhp!!find out what engine model you have or try the search button at the top
im wrong? i have done plenty of searching mate, rb20e ' IT IS 130BHP' some sites say its slightly over....rb20de never came in r33 as banter said

actually send me links where you found it says about 100bhp for rb20e so get searching :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
all skylines are ins group 20/20a but some (only some) ins co's will take into account its only 2l and non tubby

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
...skyline is a skyline its still a straight-6 rb engine and if you cant afford other models then go for it
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2.0 turbo is a straight six engine. However the 2.0 N/A is four cylinders... Is it not?

And it's a funny one because they all sit in the same insurance group. Whether it's 130bhp, or 300bhp+!! So one to talk over with an understanding insurer..

·
Registered
788 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2.0 turbo is a straight six engine. However the 2.0 N/A is four cylinders... Is it not?

And it's a funny one because they all sit in the same insurance group. Whether it's 130bhp, or 300bhp+!! So one to talk over with an understanding insurer..
so i reckon your thinking of SR's

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
yep definetly straight-6 i own one....6 spark plugs and 6 pipes of manifold ,...6cylinders :)

it is way underpowered for a skyline but powerful then other 130bhp cars easily and i love it :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Thats cos Toyota Engines are 'kin brilliant 4age like you say, (levin, trueno etc) big hp for little displacement, the 3Sge like in my curren made 181BHP ina 2l, not bad at all

1 - 20 of 41 Posts