Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys, probaly been asked a million times before but here goes:

its really really easy to find a big-brake conversion kit for the front brakes on a r33, the whole world makes them, but has anyone found a decent big brake conversion kit for the rear brakes ?? any details would be magic - i emailed most of the manufacturers around as they only had front kits on their sites - nothing yet .. .. ..

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
what about the GTR rear brakes? they are a bit better than the gts ones (i think) get a decent set of disks sorted!

just a thaught

Dazzler

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
try k-sport mate in the traders section as they have a 6 pot big brake kit

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im looking really just for drilled and grooved discs for the back instead of the standard smooth ones, going to keep the standard calipers as long as they still fit, and upgrade the pads

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Alcon are the daddy....the rear brake upgrade is to a 4 pot, and they were the first to offer this as far as I know. I think AP also do uprated rears as well.

try any of the traders here for a price on these. they aint cheap, so if you have a GTS I would go for the Brembo GTR rears to keep cost down.

if you just want discs, have a look at DBA discs, go for grooved only I woulnt recommend drilled if your working the car hard.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
It would help to know exactly which model version you have and what year, as there are several variants, some of which have different brake setups.

If it's a standard RB25DET (GTST) 8/1993 to 7/1998, then DBA have both front and rears. Fronts are part No.4963, available in standard or grooved/slotted, which are the same as the R34 GT RB25 DE, (non Turbo)
rears are part No.908, again available in standard or grooved/slotted.

The above are available via a number of dealers who advertise on here, including Abbey Motorsport & Rising Sun Performance, there may be others.

Drilled discs are pants unless the discs are very specially treated to prevent cracking.

Upgrading the rears to larger units is not possible unless you change calipers. So I guess your intention is for a cosmetic job at the rear, which the DBA slotted will do and at the same time will improve performance, and of course in that respect will be a perfect visual and performance match for the DBA fronts. Problem will be the lead time for the rears, I doubt anyone will have them in stock, front's no problem.

After some trial and error attempts (3 mixes) I discovered Ferodo 2500's, brilliant with the DBA discs.

Do visit this site before bedding in new discs and pads, it can save you a lot of heartache: http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/tech_white_papers.shtml

good luck

Aitch

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tigger.....aitch...cheers guys - looking into dba and ap rcing at the moment :)

to clarify - im not looking for a massive stopping-power upgrade as im only running just under 300bhp (fairly standard gtst). im looking for a slight upgrade in stopping power as im going up to 350-400bhp, but i zlso want the front and rear kits to match. is that so strange ?? anyway thanks guys, some good info there :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
upgrading rear brakes can be tricky, we changed my Hubbies little fiesta to rear disks and had to fit bias valves as it kept locking up under normal braking,
Buffy :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts