Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got me self an r34 gtt, loads better than me last car Gto
only thing is the gears crunch from 3rd too 4th when ploughin through the gears, it's still under warrenty and there saying it's normal for these cars?:eek:

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
BIG 'ELLO back to you matey!!! :cheers:

I have an R34 GTT and they are indeed lovely. Gearbox not the best in the world but shouldn't crunch like that.

Has the gearbox oil been changed recently and have you had any problems with the clutch?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep the clutch was replaced by them and its been back last week for them to have anouther go at sorting it, they said they have replaced the oil and checked all linkages plus took it too a gearbox spec. in mansfield who says its ok.

Does any1 know off a good garage near too Derby for a good check over & maybe some goodies too be fitted

should be picking it back up 2moro

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
SteveR34Gtt said:
Yep the clutch was replaced by them and its been back last week for them to have anouther go at sorting it, they said they have replaced the oil and checked all linkages plus took it too a gearbox spec. in mansfield who says its ok.

Does any1 know off a good garage near too Derby for a good check over & maybe some goodies too be fitted

should be picking it back up 2moro
Best way to get your car checked by a Skyline expert in that neck of the woods is to go here http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52629&highlight=bubble+meet (meets every month) and find a member of the Skyline Owners Club (www.skyline-owners-club.com) who knows their onions and they'll have a look.

I've had some great advice from "IanH" and "Ahapartridge" who are regulars at that meet (users on here as well as Club members).

Also Dave Wilkins who runs the meets, if he's not too busy organising things on the day.

:cheers:

There are always some skylines there and people are happy to offer advice. Not sure where you'd want to go for a tuner in your area though, but someone on here will know. P.S. The carvery at the Bubble Inn is top quality and not expensive. I go for the pint and Sunday roast more than the cars ;) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts