Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago a dirty great stone did it's best to make it's way through my windscreen.

Checked my insurance and I have windscreen cover - phew.

Phoned a certain national windscreen company and told them exactly what my car was. Three days later they turn up but don't have a windscreen trim - doh. So off they toddle.

A few days later they turn up again - all seems ok. They take the old windscreen out, buggering it up on the way, go to fit the new one and it won't fit - the wallies have got an R33 screen despite being told it was an R34 in the first place. So now my car is stuck at work with no windscreen.

So they phone their depot and tell me they can't get one for 7 days. So I have a brainwave and phone Abbey - they were able to source a windscreen much quicker and my car was back on the road on Saturday.

Cheers guys

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
nice one grebo. hows the car coming along ?

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I fcuking hate the way window companies and tyre places always seem to be fcuking cowboys.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I fcuking hate the way window companies and tyre places always seem to be fcuking cowboys.
We're not all cowboy's :( Honest

I work for a tyre depot in Bristol and hear many horror stories about other tyre depots.
I can only really say that if you can find a depot run by car enthusiasts ur ok but unfortunatly thats getting harder to find and is giving us all a bad name:(

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
got to say, had no probs when the guys from Auto Windscreen came to fix the windscreen in my Pulsar.....

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sarky_FCUK said:
nice one grebo. hows the car coming along ?
Not bad thanks. Hoping to pack it off to Abbey soon for some tweaks. Got a couple of annoying buzzes to fix. Otherwise it's great.

Gets "interesting" in the wet though !

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
tigger said:
got to say, had no probs when the guys from Auto Windscreen came to fix the windscreen in my Pulsar.....
Skyline, Starlet and a pulsar. And you were talking about me having a dvd player and a PS2. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts