1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
42 Posts
i am having the same problem. i am guessing your new turbo only starts to boost at about 4500 revs? then you have to stop because you have to change gear.

this is because the optimum performance of your t3/t4 turbo is higher than your engine can safely produce. ie 1.5 bar or higher.

to overcome this you need to replace the ecu as the stock ones will be limited to the power out put.

hope this helps mate.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
He can't change the ecu its an auto. Probably best bet is a greddy E manage with the extra injector and ignition harnesses. Or change it to manual then swop the ecu's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when i tested my computer i got the code that meant it wasnt picking up the auto gearbox since its now manual. could it be possible that its running on limp mode?? im looking for manual ecu to try out and see if that works

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
Not in ''limp home mode'' as this limits revs to 2K.

Sounds like the timing could be off, or a possible boost leak, maybe sensor (AFM or TPS) problem... or as stated the turbo may not be well matched to the engine.:)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Get yourself a power fc or E-manage that way you can advance the timing right up to bring the turbo in a lot sooner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts