Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for show? No difference or improvement?

I've always wanted to run (only slightly) bigger rear wheels on back but will it doing anything bad?
Obvs a lot of people run wider tyres and I've seem with bigger wheels but is there any negatives to say acceleration/handling?

I'm only talking the stock17s front with rays18s on the back. I don't how heavy stocks are, are the forged rays lighter?

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
I don't see why not if the rolling radius is kept the same/or close to std, but why not just find a set of wheels you like in the size you want, just with different widths.

As for handling and performance impacts, I doubt you will notice anything unless your tracking the car.

Reactions: SlickRick

·
Registered
134 Posts
So you want to run two different looking wheels in front and 2 different looking wheels in the back? I'm just thinking about this from a cosmetic perspective as to why you want this look. As far as I know, the 17's and 18's have a different look.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
if by bigger you mean wider, then yes, more surface contact with the road will improve grip and handeling with minor increase in unsprung weight

if you mean diameter then the only improvement I would imagine would be less sidewall/flex which to be honest is probably a minimal improvement on rear wheels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts