Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, here is a question for you.

I have a S2 RB25DET in my 33.

I thought I had a coil pack issue, because I am getting a high end miss, hard start and using a horrendous amount of fuel. BUT I took it to a local Nissan wrecker in search of some coils as testers to see if that was it, but the dude at the wreckers said it wasn't the coils, it was several other things making it look like it was the coils.

I can't remember exactly what he said, but there was the knock sensor, a sensor on the throttle body (not the TPS, but on the opposite side of it), and the 02 sensor playing up and the ECU trying to correct it, flooding it with petrol and causing major over fuelling. Also the CAS has a noisy bearing (which is the click I thought was the coils). The engine hunts for the correct idle when it is cold but when it is hot it is fine, but still a slight misfire.

If you guys have any ideas then lemme know :) Thanks!

·
516ATF and RWD......Nutter!!
1,685 Posts
Sounds like a lambda sensor to me.

·
Super Moderator
9,013 Posts
Sounds to me like it could be the ECU coolant temp sensor during cold start lambda feedback is disabled, and should it be the ECU coolant temp sensor its would stay disabled as the ECU thinks its in cold start permanently, which would lead to high fuel consumption and also misfire if over rich on boost.

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy - Yeah I was thinking it could have been the Lambda, and I was going to replace that soon anyway.

Ricky - Do you mean the sensor itself or the ECU?

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where is this ecu coolant temp. I'm having same issues. Except mine also cuts boost in half if I hold full boost in 4th. R33 gtr

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts