Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now ive decided not to sell my R33 GTR VSPEC its reminded me of stuff that i need to sort out. when i bought the car i didn't know much about it in detail, apart for mechanically, which is why i bought it as it was a low mileage clean standard (apart from the aftermarket allow wheels) example. when it was on the market the main concern was apparently it having gts front seats instead of gtr seats, which put pretty much everyone off, and the horrible wheels as well. But now looking around the car ive noticed it also has the clocks (i think) off a gts or something as it has no GTR emblem and i'm pretty sure gtr's rev counter should end at 10k. no idea why someone would change these things unless they sold them by what seats are going for on gtr's now days... a lot. i can't find a gtr clock/dials anywhere but was going to buy some plasma dials but they probably be know good for these type of clocks. any advice on what to do with the clocks? cheers

·
Registered
761 Posts
You got any pics of the current clocks? You're right, the GTR ones redline at 8k but go all the way to 10k. They also have a seperate oil pressure guage. If yours is a genuine V-Spec then you need the V-Spec clocks as they have the A-LSD light in the rev couter.

You should be able to pick some up from a car that's being broken.

It does beg the question why it's got a load of GTST parts fitted to it though....

I think I remember seeing this car on PH and was wondering why it had GTST bits on it. Is it running the GTR Brembo brakes or is it running the GTST Nissan brakes?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm not sure about the brakes, they are completely covered in black grime at the moment. the brakes are massive though. maybe its not a genuine vspec, 100% GTR though, if it wasn't i would be dead sideways in a tree by now lol

·
Registered
761 Posts
Not doubting its a GTR, just intrigued why it would have GTST bits fitted. To check if it's a V-Spec look at the rear diff casing, if it's smooth it's a normal GTR, if it's finned then it's a V-Spec. Also the V-Spec will have a "W" in it's model code on the VIN plate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts