Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a curiosity more than anything?

What happened the first time your skyline bit you ( metaphorically speaking for the clever sods )?

I was coming home tonight, wet roundabout ( in hindsight i should have chose bigger one ) and just decided to ease throttle in little quicker in second gear.

Now i've seen loads of drifting and know how to correct etc etc but for some reason when it kicked out it was a feeling of complete voidness at the time. I steered into it but for some odd reason i stepped back off throttle a bit too, caught it quick and all was merry and i was on way home.

But - it still felt like one of those times i can only comically describe as a virgins first orgasm where you knew what was happening but didnt know whether to giggle or cry.

So what happened to you?? :uzi:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Much like Happy Gilmore I feel!

"I eat pieces of sh*t like you for breakfast!"
"You eat pieces of sh*t for breakfast?" :uhoh:

Glad you held it all together, next time will be more pleasant I'm sure!

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
when i got my first skyline i purposely found a place where i knew the road surface lent intself to sliding and went and found her grip limit. this was because not only was she my first proper car she was the first auto and first rear wheel drive so i had lots to learn. (i did a 180 the first time i opened the throttle early)

withthe gts four i gingerly drove from southhampton where collected her from all the way home ..so we had plenty of time to get aquainted. bythe time i was turning into my estate the back end was sliding well and thanks to the lsd was coming back as well!

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
Mine gave me some real problems when I first got her-Over 3 years ago!
I drove mine like the 3 Subarus which I had owned before-A mistake!
Like you twice on a round about, once at the top of a hill crest and once over taking a car in the wet! Each time the same thing, backend went mental, front end kicked in but became confused when i took my foot off the loud pedal!!!
Now I just keep my foot down and she holds onto the road like glue! Toyos are worth there weight in gold also!

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
First time one of my Skylines kicked it's back out in the wet it scared me half to death, it was at that exact point I knew it was the car for me. Obviously not everyone's the same, but I need a car to scare me on occasions otherwise I would've just bought a BMW or something.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i came from the land of Subaru where if you get the car to go out of control its a bonus but when it does you just dig your ass into the seat and hold on.

I think i need a wide open place to play - toyos are already on the car mate - i agree. Kept my scooby having straight panels many a time.

·
soon to be 4dr r32 owner!
128 Posts
Yeah i came from the land of Subaru where if you get the car to go out of control its a bonus but when it does you just dig your ass into the seat and hold on.

I think i need a wide open place to play - toyos are already on the car mate - i agree. Kept my scooby having straight panels many a time.
Yup, me too came from scooby to skyline, and its very scary int he wet, first bite was yesterday, small roundabout, not actually raining, 2nd gear the car is laggy due to FMIC so no power, then OOOOOOOOPSSSS

the missus was in front, when we got out she said "did you do that on purpose?" when i said no she said " I'm not happy about you having the kids in the car driving in the wet"

Skyline's are def drivers cars, not for the faint hearted I tell thee

·
4,143 Posts
i love it.it scraed the **** out of me for about a year but three years on i kick clutch it everywhere now

·
Registered
56 Posts
First day with my R32 GTR I spun it 180 degrees and just missed a river next to the road, Teaches you to start of slowly and gradually build up to things instead of hitting full throttle and then finding out what happens next. 2 Years later and I went into a corner far to fast (had just overtaken a car and had left braking far to late) keeping the throttle on produces a very controllable slide that pulls the car back into a straight line, HICAS, ATTESSA and ESP definately work when the **** is fast approaching the fan

·
manual convert
583 Posts
first time 4 me was at 70mph, straight road and wet. thought i,d be ok
at 70 but she dropped down a gear or 2 and stepped out, scared the cr*p out of me and my mate, (teach me to show off) so r/bouts get total respect when wet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts