Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently fitted a blitz Bov to my r33 rb25det and since have noticed a big increase in fuel consumption. I have read elsewere that an EIDS should help, being new to skylines I dont know what this is and what it does, a pointer in the right direction would be appreciated. Also the standard recirculating valve is still in place, can this be taken off and how.
I will be going to Billing on Sunday and hope to pick up some goodies but dont know what the best value for money tuning bits are, My car currently has NGK Iridium plugs, HKS Filter, Blitz Bov, Full Nismo exhaust system. Any advice is welcome

Many Thanks

Big P

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NiteskyR
I fitted an after market DV after reading a thread that warned of the reliance of the OE RDV and its negative effect on turbo back pressure ( what ever that means ) . Also I have few pleasures in life other than the car and like shiny bits. I am a builder and I get alot of cash I can't put in the bank so I spend it on indulgence.

Jock Alert
I have upto a grand to blow. What would a boost controller do for me and also the benefits of an aftermarket ECU (any brands to suggest)

thanks..........Big P

N

·
0 Posts
would you have , the manual for the blitz , ie what does the nut on the top do ?
i ask because my one , does not make the pissstt noise u would expect , also i still have the rdv fitted , this was done in japan , so why did they not take off the rdv , and why does the blitz make no noises .

regards

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Inland Revenue here Big.P, see you at Billing, Suprising who reads these forums wouldnt you say ?
Have you got the big bore downpipe from turbo to zorst ? Nice difference and only £120 ish

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I believe the nut adjusts the pressure at which it releases, or something similar. Try winding it a bit tighter. Inside the valve is a piston on a shaft with a stiff spring, and somehow you can adjust its tension so the valve doesn't release too soon.

Not too sure on the plumbing side of things tho so gonna have to pass on that.

I use a Profec controller, (greddy/trust). It holds boost more consistently, obviously allows you to vary the amount produced (above standard, you can't set less than standard on mine), and creates a smoother application of boost. It learns the characteristics of how your individual turbo spools up etc.

You could look into a Power FC or HKS F-CON V Pro, can pick up either for around £600, although you're then getting into serious toys, and someone to set 'em up.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Thats the way I would go. Have a look at Greenline Motorsports website, they are very well priced. Its listed in the members benefits/parts suppliers list somewhere. Very helpful guys, and some damn good prices compared to places like Taka.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did I forget to mention that I dont put the cash in the bank so as the trouble and strife and two money vacuum's dont get at it. Of course the Taxman knows all us builders are as straight as the day is long.
I think I'll try the big bore downpipe from turbo, thanks Buster ! Is this the same as the HKS extension kit ?
The manual for the Blitz Bov says adjusting the nut on the top regulates the speed of released pressure in the system. My Bov only gives off the required psssstt sound when booted, I have tried adjusting accordingly but with no success. I think it may be something to do with the RDV also taking pressure away so as to starve the Blitz Bov of enough pressure to give the desired pssstt sound.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
You can block off the RDV, GTST Lad did it on his R32.....

An Extension kit is different, its essentially a pipe into the turbine with two sections, one to the wategate and one not.

Similar to a 'screamer pipe'.

Big bore pipe buster is talking about is from the back of the turbo to the Cat, or decat, pipe.

It makes a nice difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts