Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

Well the car has finally got here and i have spent all day fitting all the parts i have been collecting while waiting for it to arrive.

Trust front pipe and de-cat
Trust Filter
Blitz Boost controller
Blitz Dump Valve

All seeed to be going well till i took the car for a spin to test the boost controller and the car would make more than .7 bar no matter what i did to the settings.

So I checked all the wiring again, all the hoses and connectoers and tried again. Same result.

So I deceded to remove the DV as this was the only second hand thing fitted which could be causing a problem ( although it looks like brand new ).

After refitting the original pipe and DV the car performs as is should, and the boost controller is working fine

So my question is, if there is an air leak from the Blitz DV, or the hard pipe is not fitting properly and caused an air leak would that not allow the turbo to boost properly?

And if the dump valve is faulted, how can i get it checked? Like i say it is brand new.

Thanks

Nigel

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
if you have an air leak then yes this would not help boosting at all. Infact if you also had a blockage in one of your tubes it would result in the same problem.

Air Leak = Over boosting
Air BLockage = No boost.

Weak spring in the DV means loss of pressure meaning less boost for the turbo.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

this union has been overtightened and has broke :mad:

So the next question is, where can i get speres for Blitz goodies?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts