Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all looking to get a boost controoler for my gtst and im considering the Blitz SBC spec R,just wondering if any of you guys would recommend it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The DSBC Blitz boost controllers are some of the finest available, in terms of stability and effectiveness of boost control.

The Spec-R uses the same solenoid as the older DSBC models, and even the very old non-LCD models, which shows how good the twin-solenoid unit is. I've never heard of any failing, unlike units from Greddy etc.

They are very easy to setup and easy to use in general. They are relatively simple and show you exactly what you need, with 4 presets and such (on the DSBC anyway, the Spec-R may have more). I've tuned them on many cars over the years (including a few of my own) and i've been nothing but impressed with what they can do.

Many people will suggest greddy profec's etc, but to be honest, they are not as nice to use as the blitz units and are nowhere near as capable, as the solenoids dont seem to control the boost as accurately and don't react as far to spikes, this is probably down to the dual solenoids in the blitz unit.

Dont get me wrong, im sure some people find the greddy units to work fine, but after using both, i would stick with the blitz unit every time, and its all i ever recommend (i've installed/setup many for customers/friend's cars, always with great results).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The DSBC Blitz boost controllers are some of the finest available, in terms of stability and effectiveness of boost control.

The Spec-R uses the same solenoid as the older DSBC models, and even the very old non-LCD models, which shows how good the twin-solenoid unit is. I've never heard of any failing, unlike units from Greddy etc.

They are very easy to setup and easy to use in general. They are relatively simple and show you exactly what you need, with 4 presets and such (on the DSBC anyway, the Spec-R may have more). I've tuned them on many cars over the years (including a few of my own) and i've been nothing but impressed with what they can do.

Many people will suggest greddy profec's etc, but to be honest, they are not as nice to use as the blitz units and are nowhere near as capable, as the solenoids dont seem to control the boost as accurately and don't react as far to spikes, this is probably down to the dual solenoids in the blitz unit.

Dont get me wrong, im sure some people find the greddy units to work fine, but after using both, i would stick with the blitz unit every time, and its all i ever recommend (i've installed/setup many for customers/friend's cars, always with great results).
Thanks mate,that pretty much answers what i needed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts