Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a Garrett turbo for the RB25DET that is oiled only.

How do I go about blanking off or feeding the water feed straight back into the block?

What have others done?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Think I've found the answer I was expecting on http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/231635-how-to-remove-standard-turbo-install-kkr480/

In the comments;

"As the KKR480 is only oil cooled not water cooled as well like the original nissan turbo, the water lines will have to be looped (water feed looped into water drain. To do so cut the end of the lines so both are free at one end attach 3/8 fuel hose between them and attach hose clamps and tighten down."

I've a different turbo but concept should be the same :)

·
Has a Seasoned Member
420 Posts
Yes, exactly.
The there are two lines, one that connects to the side of the block (by the turbo) and one that feeds round the back of the head. The two can be linked together, although i'd advise making sure that there are no sharp burs when you cut the stock line (otherwise it'll rip into the hose)

Also, fuel hose won't cut it in that area as the heat from the turbo will cook and split it. Use something over braided with a bit of heatproof covering to be doubly sure.

Best of luck.

T

·
0 Posts
Or you could use an M18 1.5 thread bung, OR the aluminium boss for an after market water temp gauge and sender.

·
RWD Enthusiast!
795 Posts
I removed the lines altogether when fitting my top mount turbo, i'm using the boss for the water temp on the exhaust side water return hole.

Its m14 x 1.5 not m18, sorry top cat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts