Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the moment my car is driving me mad.keeps breaking things and every little thing i do to it ****s up.i have got to the point i just don't want it anymore and feel like just px'ing it in for a new car.
its getting to the point aswell where im unsure if its worth the money it cost to run and more importantly to fix.
:sorry:
it may be good by skyline if it carrys on like this and i doubt il have another one aswell!:sorry:

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
gutted to read this m8
but i understand completely that you get fed up with this situation
has it been like that since you first got her ? as i'd say you got no luck and brought a crappy example whereas many peeps have no or lil probes with theirs
might be worth considering another similar skyline or your chance to get a 32 gtr :)

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Sure most of us have moments like this. Just try and step back for a little while, see how much you miss it and then get stuck back into it again :)

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have had it for 3 years and sometimes its ok but it always seams to need something.i locve my car and my main problem it has to be perfect but im losing the heart to do it now.
i still get loads of people comment on the car and now even the ladies like it alot and talk to me about it not the other way round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the clutch is sliping and the coilpacks started to play up under a lot of heat and loads of little bits need sorting and now the exhaust has started blowing badly.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I've always felt that if you've lost confidence and your heart in the car then its time to say goodbye!

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i stll love my car but i feel i could maybe do without the grief and maybe not worth the money im going to have to pay to fix.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I loved my pulsar but got sick of having to repair it and lost my confidence in it so it had to go!

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
fix it up with second hand parts...do it on the cheap

i swear the less you spend on your car the happier you will be with it....as soon as you start spending cash on bits that dont work right you just lose interest

at the end of the day its never been any different on any car, the more you change, the worse it gets

anyone who deviates from the original design and gets it right either has one of two things in abundance

knowlege/money (usually the latter)

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
I'm going through the exact same mate, I was ready for chucking in the towel a couple of months ago but I'm looking at it as a challenge now, she's been a fantastic car to me but the last 3 months it's been one thing after another, going in for slip diff to be rebuilt in a couple of weeks then got to get turbo recon'd.

It took me two weeks to stop crying though

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i now have started getting enough money again to start building the car up again but maybe i want to much car for the money i am wanting to pay.
i just am getting lazy aswell which isn't good.
i know if i could iron out the faults id be happy but ido seam to have lost a bit of the skyline smile now!
i thought id keep this car forever aswell

·
bla
17,374 Posts
im in the same boat mate.... but im holding on....Youll get through it :)......

·
Registered
801 Posts
Luckily iv had no problems with mine yet (touch wood) it seems to be very reliable car and the previous owmer used to drift it in japan.
you wanna stick it out and not give up yet mate.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
I know what you mean, when my Turbo gave up the ghost, it was the worst feeling in the world. I felt frightend (how hell am I gonna fix this) felt sick (cost) but I never lost faith in the car it still gave its all. I just knuckled down thought through each step. Took alot of time and money, I got there in the end. My Skyline smile is huge. I still get niggling little probs that need to be sorted even now. But it's all part of the experience/ I love it and the car. Keep doing the ploddage mate it'll get sorted in the end. Good Luck fella.

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i know i could never go down to a normal car ethier.
one thing i miss aswell is all my mate used to help each other fixing cars and having a laugh with them but they have all stopped it now and have no sort of car mates in my area anymore which is a shame and im just losing the will to go out in the cold to even clean it let alone fix it!
i was looking at a e46 m3 conv today and really liked it but i keep looking at it and thinking that its a nightmare waiting to happen aswell!

R

·
0 Posts
i know i could never go down to a normal car ethier.
one thing i miss aswell is all my mate used to help each other fixing cars and having a laugh with them but they have all stopped it now and have no sort of car mates in my area anymore which is a shame and im just losing the will to go out in the cold to even clean it let alone fix it!
i was looking at a e46 m3 conv today and really liked it but i keep looking at it and thinking that its a nightmare waiting to happen aswell!
Move to aberdeen, I'll lend you my DarthPalmer for car fixing. :)

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
Move to aberdeen, I'll lend you my DarthPalmer for car fixing. :)
pmsl:rofl:

we all feel like that at some point dave

my list of things to replace seems to get bigger every time i drive it, at the moment i'm just burying my head in the sand because i don't now what to replace first:confused:

i've priced up the parts i need and it scares the shite out of me, ideally i should take her off the road this winter but that aint going to happen

just keeep you head up and do a bit at a time forget modding it at the mo and get it running right first

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the thing is everything thats gone wrong is a ideal time to replace thewm for a uprated item as if i want much more power i will have to upgrade them anyway.
its not even having someone to fix my car but a bit of encouragement and company whilst freezing your nuts off fixing them heap of junk!
like i said im looking at a nice quite new motor but im worried how much they cost and if they would replace the skyline!
i know the e46 m3's are nice but is it a skyline!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts